Does anyone really know what they're getting themselves into when coming to the University of Wisconsin? No. As a freshman, we convince ourselves that it's not that bad and that it will get better. None of us were ready for -64 degrees, mentally or physically. Every day is a new adventure. Will it be slippery today? Cold? Hot? Snowing? Hailing? No one knows!
From November to April, the weather just does its own thing. One day it could be 35 degrees and the next day, it could be -20 with a windchill of -40 degrees. Sounds like fun! These are the inner thoughts that every student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison has on a day to day basis from November to April.
1. How did I even get up this morning?
One cup of coffee is just not enough for Monday morning. This size cup should do!
3. Why did I chose this school again?
I don't even know what went through my mind when I chose this school.
9. Okay I don't care how slow I walk, I am not falling down Bascom today! Not today!
You can walk around me, I'm not going any faster than this!
13. As soon as I'm done with class, I'm sprinting back to my room and watching Netflix.
15. There's no point of taking off my coat in class
There's just no point if it takes me like 50,000 minutes to put it on at the end of class.
18. Alabama gets a snow day and we're still getting frost bite walking to class?
It snows an inch in Alabama and they get a snow day?
20. Hopefully I don't slip this time!
I've slipped like 5 times on the way here so hopefully I don't slip again!
22. I'm not ready for this
I have to physically and mentally prepare myself for what I am about to take on.
23. Next semester, I'm transferring to the University of Hawaii
Catch me not in negative degree weather this time next year!
24. Is this what frostbite looks like? Probably. I have frost bite
I don't know what frostbite looks like but I'm almost certain this is.