Report this Content
I've never been a "math person" but when I signed up for Intro to Statistics everyone was like, "Oh no, you'll be fine! Stats isn't really math!"
Well let me tell you something, I am also not a "statistics person" either.
On the first day of class, I walked in and my professor told just that there are two types of statistics that we would be learning about this semester, descriptive and inferential. Immediately, I wanted out. Then, she started talking about the difference between a population versus a parameter and a sample versus a statistic and my brain opened up my skull, crawled out and went home.
But today my brain decided to come back and share some thoughts I have in my statistics class with the world.
1. Why did I show up?
2. Education is too expensive to not show up
3. This dude literally shows up an hour late every day
4. *Zones out*
5. What's even the point?
6. Should I be writing this while in class?
7. Probably not
8. OK, this kid falls asleep every day
9. Should someone wake him up?
10. Should I wake him up?
11. Yeah, I'm not going to wake him up
12. Does that make me an awful person?
13. No, I'm not awful. This kid sleeps during class every week
14. Maybe taking a nap is a good idea
15. No, it isn't
16. I'm so tired though
17. If I just remember how expensive college is again maybe I won't want to sleep anymore
18. Great, now I'm just stressed and tired
19. Why did I take this class?
20. Do I even need this class?
21. Ooo, it's almost time for our 10-minute break
22. I wonder if I can make it to Starbucks and back in 10 minutes
23. I probably can't
24. I doubt myself too much
25. The 10-minute break is over
26. I missed it
27. I have no coffee
29. What if I just went home
30. I wish I could
31. I mean I can't
32. But I can
33. Ya know?
34. Why did I take a class that doesn't get out until 6 p.m.
35. Oh yeah
36. Because I hate happiness
37. My friend just called me
38. I wonder if she knows I'm in class
39. She's such a goof
40. Yeah, Lexi, I'm talking about you
41. I think my professor is the most monotone person in the world
42. Besides myself
43. I don't think I'm actually monotone
44. Everyone tells me that I am though
45. I don't know man
46. I'm just trying to live my life
47. I just realized I skipped number
48. Too late now
49. I'm not fixing it now
50. I should start paying attention now
This article has not been reviewed by Odyssey HQ and solely reflects the ideas and opinions of the creator.