10 Thoughts College Students Have About Back To School

"I'm not ready to go back." --Said no college student ever

15
Sports CheatSheet

Ah, August. A month that brings many new opportunities and things. If you were to ask any student out there…they would think of one thing first: back to school. For some students, (high school aged and younger) going back to school is a dreadful time as it means less freedom and more homework. However, if you were to ask college students…their feelings and thoughts may be just a little bit different.

1. "How can summer be over already?”

This is the denial phase. No matter what your age we can all agree on one thing: summer flies by. Part of us gets a little sad because we are going to miss all the luxuries of summer such as sleeping in, the naps we got to take, and the time we got to waste with our friends. We aren’t mentally nor physically prepared to get back down to business and face the reality that another summer has passed and it’s time to get back to hitting the books so we can finish that degree.

2. Moving sounds like the worst possible thing in the world

Move in day=a living nightmare. Not only does the sun always seem to be beating down with temperatures reaching the 90’s, but carrying all your stuff up stairs because the elevator is occupied is not your ideal cardio.

But.......

3. Seeing all of your friends again after 3 months sounds like the best possible thing in the world

There is really nothing quite like being reunited with your friends. So many things happened over the summer when you were all separated and you really just can't wait to be back with the people who understand you the best. They are the ones who really make you pumped for another school year and are the main reason you are so ready to go back each year.

4. Yet then you remember all the expenses of college as you get that fall semester tuition bill...

Kiss all of that hard earned money you made this summer goodbye. From textbook prices, to groceries, to the dreaded tuition bill and every little impulse purchase you make in between

5. Checking your Blackboard and e-mail again for the first time all summer and immediately regretting it

For some odd reason professors get super excited for back to school and think it’s time to start assigning you work before class even begins. They also start blowing up your e-mail multiple times a day. Chill professors, chill.

6. Remembering the first week of classes is technically syllabus week so at least you can ease your way back into this whole “school” thing

There are some kind-hearted professors that usually let class out early and assign little to no assignments throughout this week. Also, the vibe on campus is amazing as everyone is excited and optimistic about the upcoming school year.

7. Deciding you need to be more involved this school year so you put yourself on the e-mail list for every new club/activity

Whether you go to a big school or a small school there is plenty of ways to get involved. It always seems like a good idea and is all fun and games until you realize you are on every e-mail list and don’t even remember what some clubs stand for.

8. Feeling good because you can once again justify everything you do because you are just so #college

Want to binge watch that Netflix series to avoid all your responsibilities? College.

Want to wear a large sweatshirt and sweatpants for 5 days straight? College.

Want to eat every meal from the cafeteria and depend on ramen noodles as your staple food? Well guess what you can because college.

9. You rekindle your love for coffee.

Let’s face it, when school starts getting real busy and assignments, papers and studying for tests start piling up we all know who is going to be there for you to get you through. May your motivation be strong, and your coffee be even stronger.

10. You start getting excited for the future.

It may all just be beginning in August right now…but it won’t be long until college football games, Homecoming and all the rest of the fun events your college has to offer this school year. So whether it is your first year of college, or your last, hold on tight because if you pick the right college for you and you do it right...these four(or more) years will without a doubt change your life.