Sunburn season is almost over, though! Praise Jesus.
Popular Right Now
It is always easier to pick out the negatives in life. We tend to dwell on them and drown out the happy moments. I asked a friend to tell me something that made them happy. They sarcastically laughed at my question then thought about it for a minute. Nothing. But they could easily come up with things that made them unhappy. Then I read them my list, and they were smiling and laughing in agreement the whole time. There are so many more things to be happy and laugh about than we realize. After all- it's the little things in life that can mean the most! Here are 50 things that make me happy. What are your 50?
- The first warm day of the year
- Laughing so hard your abs ache
- Freshly washed sheets
- Looking through old pictures
- The smell of a coffee shop
- Eating cookie dough
- Reading a bible verse that perfectly fits your current situation
- Seeing someone open a gift you got them
- Eating birthday cake
- A shower after a long day
- Marking something off your to-do list
- Drinking ice cold water on a really hot day
- Dressing up for no reason
- Breakfast food
- Being able to lay in bed in the morning
- Finding something you love at the store
- And it’s on sale
- Cute elderly couples
- When a stranger compliments you
- Getting butterflies in your stomach
- Taking a nap
- Cooking something delicious
- Being lost for words
- Receiving a birthday card in the mail
- And there's money in it
- Finally cleaning your room
- Realizing how fortunate you are
- Waking up from a nightmare and realizing it wasn't real
- Fresh fruit
- Walking barefoot in the grass
- Singing along to a song in the car
- Freshly baked cookies with a glass of milk
- Summertime cookouts
- Feeling pretty
- Looking forward to something
- Comfortable silences
- Waking up in the middle of the night and realizing you have more time to sleep
- Surviving another school year
- The cold side of the pillow
- The smell of popcorn
- Remembering something funny that happened
- Laughing to yourself about it
- Feeling weird about laughing to yourself
- Printed photographs
- Wearing a new outfit
- The sound of an ice cream truck
- Feeling confident
Look, I know I'm irrelevant and everyone should be able to live and believe and do whatever the heck they want, but it's been a long week, ladies and gentlemen, and I'm in the mood for a rant. So here is a completely random and pointless list of things I wish I could say to people sometimes.
1. EAT YOUR CARBS
Oh my goodness sometimes I just wish I could yell this through a megaphone. Carbs are not the enemy. Fats are not the enemy. You need them, that's why they're part of your macros! You will have 10x more energy and feel so much better, just please, Karen, have some pasta I promise you will be just fine.
2. For the love of God, can we all stop taking social media so seriously?
This is actually something I've had to scream at myself recently. Everyone's guilty of it. You spend an hour editing a picture, then send it to your friends to make sure it's "insta-worthy", then you buy a freaking app that lets you fake upload pictures to your feed to make sure it matches and when you finally post it you watch the likes and comments like a hawk to make sure it was a decent picture. Yeah. This used to be me (and my Instagram account wasn't ever even that good so it just makes this sad, honestly). But it's so dumb. I mean there's nothing wrong with editing pictures and posting good ones that you like, but we should be able to post dumb stuff too without caring about it or being judged. Last night I posted a "doge" meme from like 2013 just to be dumb. It only got 80 likes. I felt very liberated, you should try it.
3. Stop judging people who are affiliates with *certain* online businesses
I just don't understand why people take the time out of their day to write an entire post about how annoyed they are with seeing other people simply trying to sell skincare products or weight loss methods or whatever it is. They're just trying to make a lil cash like everyone else in the world and for a lot of them, this is their second job. You've got to give them credit for working hard and putting themselves out there because most people are too afraid to put themselves in that position. So yeah, you can be annoyed with the posts and call it a pyramid scheme all you want but I mean can you just not be publicly rude about it? If you don't like it you don't have to buy it ok? So next time Linda posts about her ~miracle haircare routine~ just scroll past, dude.
4. WHY is no white after labor day a thing??
I still don't understand why this is a fashion rule. It's still hot after labor day, I still have a summer tan, and white really compliments a good tan. WHY was this ever considered a good idea. Even when the cold weather comes in, haven't you guys ever heard of winter white????????
5. And for the last thing on my mind today that I am going to get an insane amount of hate for...
*looks down in nervousness and talks quietly*
Why is everyone freaking out about Ariana Grande? Yeah she's pretty and she has a few catchy songs but they're honestly pretty generic pop songs that are pretty much the same and she's always saying stuff like "issa vibe" and "keep that same energy fr" and she spells "something" as "sum" and she's a grown woman..I just...
I'm sorry I'm just being mean now.
Anyways, I'm sorry if you wasted your time reading this but I feel a lot better now. I'm done.