10 Things We've All Thought While Walking On Campus

You know these are accurate when you think about it.

791
Author's photo

Hello Beautiful Friends,

Have you ever been walking on campus and just think really funny things to yourself? I know I do everyday, so let’s put some of those thoughts into words. And let’s realize other people think the funny/weird thoughts we do.

1. Slow Walkers

Man slow walkers. Do you pass them? Go slow to stay behind them? Slyly sneak beside them? The possibilities are endless, which one do you normally go with? The best is when you overhear their conversations and it’s actually really interesting, so you walk slower to listen.

2. The Wave

We’ve all been there, you think you see someone you know from across the distance so you wave. Then it turns out it was some random person and they look very confused. This happens to me a lot, but most of the time I befriend them, so that’s a win!

3. Geese

Ever been casually walking to class and been attacked/chased by a geese? I walk by the geese and inside I am freaking out. I ask myself “will today be the day they chase me?”, “attack me?”, or even “the day I die?”. Very serious contemplations while walking on campus by the geese.

4. Food

Ever daydream about food? I do 24/7, let me tell you, it’s gorgeous. When you’re on campus, do you ever just plan your day around what food places you’ll eat at? This is a serious matter, food is the best thing on the planet, besides sleep.

5. Bikes

This one is terrifying to say the least. You’re casually walking to class and you see a bike approaching you, do you go left? Right? Stand still? There is no telling which way the bike person is going to go, so you are living in fear when you pass the people riding on bikes. One time, I almost got hit by a bike and it was horrifying.

6. Attractive People

Ever been walking on campus and see people who you think are really attractive and make you do a double take. Picture this: you’re casually enjoying nature and then see a very attractive person and you try to act natural, but just keep staring at them. Happens to the best of us.

7. Talking to Yourself

I do this quite a bit when I am walking on campus. Whether it be studying information for a test or just thinking about life. Getting lost in thought and in conversation with yourself is pretty entertaining.

8. Theta Pond

This might just be me, but when you walk by Theta Pond do you ever just want to jump in? Because I do every single time I walk by it. One day it will happen, but until that day the urge to jump in will remain.

9. Classes/Grades

We have all experienced this one. Whether it be finals week in the library or the beginning of the semester. You either have a grin ear to ear or you are crying. Whatever your emotions may be, we are all stressed because it seems like our to do lists never end. But we smile through it all, because we love college and all the amazing people we have met! :)

10. Orange Baggers

I LOVE the orange baggers. I’m that weirdo who smiles at them and tells them to come here, while also yelling “GO POKES!”. I love seeing the orange baggers, because those are potential students who could come here, which is amazing to think about! If you are an orange bagger reading this, just know you are amazing and I hope you come to OSU!

I hope you enjoyed a look into my thoughts while I walk on campus!

Love Your Friend,

Lexi:)