An Open Letter To Those Who Feel Hopeless

To Those Who Are Losing Hope, Hang On — It's Going To Be OK

Growing might feel like breaking at first.

1425

To the people who are struggling to find the light at the end of the tunnel.

To the people who are failing to smile and laugh.

To the people who feel defeated.

To the people who are losing hope.

I often come across the quote, "The sun will rise, and we will try again." Although it is one of the most cliche sayings you can come across, its philosophy is something I base my life on. Just because today was bad does not mean that tomorrow will be. You have the chance to go in with a positive attitude. You have the chance to reclaim that hope you lost.

I know it is hard.

In today's world, it seems as if negative instances are everywhere we look. Whether it be natural disasters, terrorism, political divide, murders, or racial issues, the endless instances that have brought communities and nations to their knees seem to never halt. In addition, these aren't the personal hindrances we face every day — depression, anxiety, health, finances, grades, the expectation to always be at your best, etc.

I am here to tell you that it is OK not to be OK.

You are accompanied by millions of people around you who are feeling the same way. It is easy to lose hope — it is easy to throw in the towel and let sadness and frustration supersede. What is difficult is fighting that urge, to keep trying your best every day. You should be proud of overcoming every obstacle.

You should be proud of not giving up.

You are not expected to be happy all of the time. You are not expected to not have bad days — they are inevitable, however, it is your choice on how to react to them. You can either let them take over, or you can defeat them. I hope you will choose the latter.

Your hope is not gone, it just got a little lost. You can find it again. Start to see the good, and you will see hope return.

You've got this.