This Is When You Leave

This Is When You Leave

When their heart no longer feels like home.

36
This Is When You Leave

This is when you leave.

When you realize he no longer listens to you or seems interested in your day.

This is when you leave.

When you notice she spends more time on her phone and seems less interested in having dinner with you.

This is when you leave.

When you feel so alone yet he’s asleep in arm’s reach.

This is when you leave.

When you’re having an argument and she no longer seems to care.

This is when you leave.

When your eyes are flooded with tears and his eyes are empty and cold.

This is when you leave.

When she starts to seem distant and her mind seems to be somewhere not with you.

This is when you leave.

When you notice his lies turn to truth and his truth turns to lies.

This is when you leave.

When she says, “I don’t care.” And you believe her.

This is when you leave.

When he begins to use material things and gifts against you.

This is when you leave.

When the sharp words that slide off her tongue hit your heart like a knife and she doesn’t even bat an eyelash.

This is when you leave.

When you notice he starts keeping his phone at a distance and gets defensive with questions.

This is when you leave.

When she no longer laughs at your jokes or finds your flaws appealing.

This is when you leave.

When he gets annoyed by the traits he used to claim to love.

This is when you leave.

When you realize she no longer holds your hand with a grip that begs you to stay.

This is when you leave.

When he no longer plays with your hair and rubs your back and does all the small things he used to do without you having to ask.

This is when you leave.

When she stops putting forth effort and you feel as if you’re the only one trying.

This is when you leave.

When he doesn’t respect you.

This is when you leave.

When goodbye doesn’t seem all that hard.

This is when you leave.

Sometimes giving up can seem like the easy way out. And sometimes all the fighting is worth it. But when you can feel the other person slipping away and you know their heart is no longer where it was at the start, you have to know when it’s time to let go. You have to know when to value your own worth and when to guard your heart.

Sometimes the heartbreak isn’t worth it. You have to know your deal breakers, whether that be infidelity, abuse, and sometimes simply being unhappy. Love is worth fighting for, but not if the love is no longer there. Know the difference between love and attachment. And always, always remember to put your own happiness first.