To The Person That SWEARS They're Not A Morning Person, This Is What Changed My Life
Health Wellness

Ever since I can remember, I was "the girl who loved her sleep". And I mean LOVED IT.

141
https://unsplash.com/photos/y8OPPvo_5mU

I could easily go to bed at elven o'clock, and not wake up until elven the next day. And I honestly probably claimed that I was still tired after sleeping for only twelve hours.

That being said, I was also not a morning person. The entire first hour of being awake, I was a complete zombie. I couldn't seem to be bothered by any questions that required any sort of thought, whatsoever. Maybe, just maybe, after a sip-or-two of my morning coffee, I'd be finally willing to hold a conversation.

This was just who I was for years. I swore I was the type of person who thrived off of the night time, and was even sharper as the day went on.

As I got older, this trait remained somewhat the same. Maybe not so drastic, but pretty close. I still always valued my sleep and claimed that my entire day would be thrown off if I didn't get enough of it.

This past semester, I unfortunately was stuck with classes that required me to be up before 9 a.m. The thought of this was just a complete nightmare. I could already see the many tired days and tough mornings to come, where I would have to miserably force myself out of my nice warm bed.

I have to admit, the beginning of the semester was rough. It was honestly exactly the way I envisioned it. Once I was up, I was ok, but the process of getting to that point was nearly impossible.

Just about mid-way into the semesterr, I started noticing a slight change in my sleeping habitats. Come the weekend, my body would be so used to getting up around 9 o'clock everyday, that it would just naturally wake up around that time.

At first, it really was frustrating not being able to sleep in. I was annoyed that my body was in this habit and that it could not catch up on sleep on the days it could.

However, as time went on, I started to really enjoy this new sleep schedule that my body was on. It was almost as if I was more refreshed then normal, due to the fact that I was on such a set schedule.

I eventually started setting my alarm a few minutes earlier than I had to each week, just so I was able to fully wake up, enjoy my coffee, and not be rushing out the door the second my alarm went off. This truly allowed me to become a lot more organized, and I seemed to be much more at-ease when it came to my morning routine and getting ready for the day.

I now set my alarm to go off at the same time every morning, and truly enjoy the fact that I wake up early. It really allows me to ease into my day and even get some tasks done before I have to go to classes. It's one of the best feelings to be ablel to slowly wake up and sit in bed with your coffee before you go into the hustle-and-busstle of your day.

It's amazing to think that the girl who swore that she was never a morning person, now actually goes out of her way to wake up early every morning. I truly believe that having a set schedule and giving yourself time in the morning not only enhances your mind frame and energy, it really organizes your body and your mind.