If You Were Wondering What College Is REALLY Like, This Is It

Sure, there are parties and football games, but THIS - this is college.

26
Personal Screenshot

Watching all the teenage movies, I had the perfect picture of what college would be like. It would be free and fun, and there would always be something to do.

Applying to Oklahoma State University my senior year of high school, I had the perfect picture of what college would be like. It would be parties and excitement, and there would always be a club to join.

Walking across the stage for my diploma, I had the perfect picture of what college would be like. It would be scary and lonely, and there would always be new friends.

So yeah, most of these things ARE true: it is free and fun, but it is scary, there are things to do, clubs to join, and there are new friends. But man, did I get a lot wrong.

College is not the same as high school, but anyone could tell you that. I go to class twice a week, which is a huge difference from going 8 hours a day for five days a week. But, I still don't even want to go to a an hour long class that I only have for twice a week.

And if you think for one second I won't skip it solely because I don't want to be there, you are very wrong.

I planned on college being a place where I broke out of my shell, and I made friends with every person on campus. I expected to be wild, eat healthy, and so many other things, but now that I'm here, I realized I had some highly unrealistic expectations. I go to class almost every day, and I make sure I have all my homework done on time.

There are definitely days that "I'm running late because I don't want to be there." Thanks, Ryleigh.