20 Things My Mom Taught Me Without Realizing It
Moms

20 Mantras My Mom Passed Down To Me Without Even Realizing It

My mom taught me so many things without realizing it and helped me to become the young lady I am today and I cannot thank her enough.

1140
Lexi Link

My mom taught me so many more things than just the 20 things on this list, but whether she realized it or not these 20 things helped shape me and helped me to become the young lady I am today. The things I used to think were ridiculous or pointless when I was little now all make sense and I realize the impact these things have not just on the people around me but on myself too.

My mom is the reason I am the young lady I am today and I cannot thank her enough for raising me to see the beauty in this world and in myself.

Always make your bed before you leave

I used to think this was so pointless because by later that night I was just going to unmake the bed. But you never know what you are going to face in a day and after a long and stressful day, there is nothing better than coming home and plopping down on a nice clean bed.

You can never have too many clothes, shoes, or handbags 

Life is full of different occasions and each one needs its own unique outfit. When you look good you feel good, dress to impress.

Never pay full price for anything

Sales are absolutely everything, looking good should not be expensive.

Always be honest

This could be because my mom and I both cannot lie without laughing but either way, the truth is always better even when it seems like it won't. Trust me it is. Your word is everything and if all you do is lie no one will ever believe you.

A good hug can change your life

Even when you don't think you want a hug or don't need one, you do. A hug can change everything.

Always write a thank you note

I used to hate this when I was younger but now it is like a lost art form but also it leaves an impact and makes you stand out to a lot of people.

Be nice just because you can 

You have the choice to be nice or mean every day and there's enough evil and mean in the world so be nice, it could change someone's life.

Lend a hand whenever you can

Again, being nice and helping others will leave a greater impact then you being mean.

Even on your worst day being positive can change it 

Your day maybe going really bad but if you focus on the good things that can happen you will improve your day.

Life isn't fair 

Being a good person or doing all the right things doesn't always mean you life will return the favor, you just can't let all the bad affect you because there are so many good things in the world.

Be on time, better yet be early

If you know my mom you know she's late to everything and after countless years of embarrassment I now am always early.

Prayer is powerful 

It may seem pointless but it really does matter.

Have faith in God's plan 

God does know best and what He has planned for you is better than anything you could come up with.

Don't be scared, life if magical 

There are so many wonderful things in this life that there is nothing to be scared of because overcoming your fears is truly magical.

Go after your dreams and don't stop until you achieve them 

Life is too short to not chase after a life you love, so do it. But don't stop at just reaching your dream, conquer it.

Don't ever ever ever give up

My mom used to say you have to finish whatever you start no matter how hard it gets because you never know what you might learn along the way.

Better things are coming

At times it may feel like nothing is going your way and nothing is going right in your life but do not worry, better things are coming and everything will be alright and work for your good.

Never underestimate hard work

Life is not always easy and not everything will be handed to you so you have to go out and get it yourself and don't be fooled, hard work will get you there.

You are stronger then what you are going through

Everything you go through is meant to help you grow. Don't let the negative and adverse times in life define you because at the end of the day you will make it and you will come out a better person.

Sometimes it is worth risking everything 

There will be times in life where you just have to say screw it and put everything you have out on the line and risk it all and it is okay to do so. No matter what the outcome you will have learned something.

Related Articles Around the Web