Things You Think About At 3 AM

Things You Think About At 3 AM

From the author's mind at 3 AM on a Sunday morning

6
Things You Think About At 3 AM
Photo By Pamela Zhou

Isn't it terrifying just how permanent everything in life is? Once you do something you can never undo it, once you say something you can never unsay it. There's no control z button in life. Once you live a day you can never ever go back and relive it and do things differently. you will never be the same age that you are right now again. Ever. The days, months, years that we live are just gone in the blink of an eye and they're so permanently unretrievable. Time is the most precious commodity of all. We are only given a certain number of days on this earth and we spend it doing what? Criticizing ourselves? Wallowing in the ways we have been wronged? Neglecting the people around us? I am beginning to realize that the only way to move is forward. I don't have a choice. Life is permanent, my choices are permanent, and the way I treat myself is permanent. So why spend the little time we have lingering on what cannot be undone? why spend the days we are blessed with wondering about the days forgotten?

And yet, life is so temporary. Some days it feels as if nothing we do or make will outlive us. Things just slip out of our hands. I am thankful that our memories are so unreliable. There will come a day when I cannot remember the damage done to me. If you forget something, did it ever truly happen? If there is no one to remember an event does it just fade away? I believe now that it's okay to forget the past. To let it wash over you and wash away. because the past is set in stone and nothing or no one can fix those mistakes now. Holding onto it so tightly is like clenching your fists until your nails leave little half-moon marks in your palms. The truth is that none of us get a second shot at life. There is no do-over, no reset, no button we could press that would erase it all. So today I challenge you to release your grip and forget the past, to look at the choices you've made and decide if you want to make them in the future, to remember that once you put something out there into the world there is no hope of taking it back. The only way to move is forward. The only way to move is forward. The only way to move is forward.