Things You Tell Yourself During Midterms Week, As Told by "The Office"

Michael, Jim, Pam and Dwight understand.

25
giphy.com

I don't know about you all, but this week, I have felt more stressed out than I can say. Why is that you ask? I'll give you a hint: Midterms. They were this week, and I literally just turned in my last paper a few minutes ago. But if you are not like me and are not free from the grasp of midterms, your quickly approaching midterms week may look like this: TEST. PAPER. PRESENTATION. TEST. TEST. PAPER.

What do we want? SPRING BREAK. When do we want it? YESTERDAY.

You may have just thrown a stack of flashcards in the air out of frustration. This post is for you:

1. You tell yourself: You're fine, you got this! ...And then you remember you haven't started studying yet.

2. You tell yourself: I can probably bull-crap these papers or just guess the answers to the tests. It'll be fine.

3. You tell yourself: The professor seems chill, so the test won't be as difficult as I'm imagining. That professor wouldn't do that to me.

...but then you realize that is a terrible mindset and studying is the best and only option.

4. So you tell yourself: I'll work really hard up until the midterm.

And that involves diligent note-taking during review days:

And you realize that some things you're reviewing are extra complicated.

...so you get help from a tutor and try to learn it before midterms.

5. You tell yourself: with a good diet and exercise, studying for midterms won't be that bad. I'll feel a lot better physically.

...but you are still stressed out of your mind and you are on an emotional roller coaster for some reason:

So you decide to take your mind off of studying for awhile to clear your head. And that may or may not include going to a pet store:

6. You tell yourself: Midterms are just around the corner, it's time to pull an all-nighter! And you start to feel pretty good about yourself when 4am hits.

7. When it's finally the week you've been working so hard for, you tell yourself: I got this.

8. As you get out of the test, you wonder if you did well or not. But then you tell yourself: Hey, I tried my hardest.

...and then you realize...you accomplished that midterm! Now on to the next one.

9. After a few more papers and tests, you are finished with ALL of your midterms! Because of this, you tell yourself: It's time to celebrate.

Good luck on all of your midterms, ladies & gentlemen! You got this.