Things To Keep You Busy In Quarantine

Things To Keep You Busy In Quarantine

Things that make the time pass by faster during these hard times.

9
Things To Keep You Busy In Quarantine

Most people have already hit the one month mark in quarantine. As you begin to run out of ideas for fun and interesting things to do during quarantine, here as some ideas of interesting activities that can occupy your time.

Watch Movies 

Now is the perfect time to make a list of the movies that you want to watch. If you need some ideas Netflix and Disney + have lots of great options and you could subscribe to a free trial if you don't currently have an account.

Plant some fruits and vegetables

Spending time outside can be rejuvenating and a good way to boost your spirits during these difficult times. Planting a garden is a good use of your time outside and once you're finished you'll fell accomplished.

Spend time with family

If you're fortunate enough to be quarantined with your family, make sure to spend time playing games or taking walks together. If you're not quarantined with your family, try to take some time to call your family members two or three times a week.

Write in a journal 

Down the road it'll be important that we have the memories of these unprecedented times. Writing things down means that you'll be able to have a detailed record of your experiences that you can share with your future friends and family.

Take a virtual tour of the world 

We can't travel around the world because of quarantine. However, just because you missed out on your spring break trip doesn't mean that you shouldn't get to see really cool places around the world. Here is a link for one of the many websites that is currently allowing people to take tours of multiple international cities: https://www.readersdigest.ca/culture/virtual-day-trips-take-online/

Try yoga 

Releasing some steam is an important part of remaining calm and having a positive outlook during these difficult times. Find a couple of good video tutorials that can help you to learn some of the basics and grow from there.

Read a book 

Reading is always a good opportunity to lift your spirits. Find a happy book that you know you'll enjoy and dive right in. It'll help you to sit down, relax, and take some time for yourself.

Reorganize your room

Rearranging your room is a great way to feel some new energy. It can help you to prefect new organizational systems, decorate in new ways, and optimize your room space.

Learn how to fix your clothes 

If you have some old jeans that could use some love or a sweater with a hole in it. Look up some youtube videos of how you can restore your clothes to their former glory. You'll get to wear them longer and save yourself some money from having to buy new clothes.

Bake a cake or some bread 

Baking is a great way to get your mind off of the things that are going on. And the possibilities of what you can make are endless. So get some flour and sugar and a good old family recipe and get to baking.