8 Ways College Kids Can Waste 8 Hours On A Snow Day

Ya know, besides lose your mind.

221
Abbie Wood

Snow days are all fun and games until you're stuck in your house for way too many hours and you feel like you can't remember the last time you saw the light of day and you're cold and everything's covered in snow and you have cabin fever.

it's exhausting!!!!

If snow days are your favorite things, or your biggest fear, here are some things to keep you occupied and hopefully sane throughout the day.

Plus, they might even distract you from the fact that you're basically trapped.

If done correctly, these are eight ways to waste about eight hours so then it's finally time to go to sleep again and hopefully wake up to shoveled sidewalks and plowed roads.

1. Bake Cookies

This will take roughly thirty minutes of the day, and then ten more minutes to stuff your face with them, sooo 40 minutes down, what feels like a million hours to go... *bonus if you make hot chocolate*

Count Down: 7 hours, 20 Minutes

2. Watch an old movie

nothing like watching your favorite childhood movie for the first time in a long time to help you forget that there's an avalanche happening outside your window. two more hours wasted

Count Down: 5 hours, 20 minutes

3. Build a Snowman/Sleigh Riding/Snowball fight

I lumped these all together because they're only possible if you're brave enough to face the blizzard. So, all of these combined could occupy another hour or so, because let's face it, who really wants to be freezing cold for much longer than that.

Count Down: 4 hours, 20 minutes

4. Build a Pillow Fort

bonus if you watch the movie in the fort. 20 minutes, gone.

Count Down: 4 hours

5. Clean your room

you know you've been putting this off for so long and now you're trapped in it, so what better time to tidy it up. This could take roughly another half hour, depending on how big the mountain of clothes on your floor is...

Count Down: 3 hours, 30 minutes

6. Play Board Games

Nothing like fighting over Broadway and Park Place in a good old game of Monopoly, another hour down.

Count Down: 2 hours, 30 minutes

7. Take a hot shower and have a mini spa day

Paint your nails, look up face mask recipes, treat yo'self. You just used up another hour!! Woohoo!!

Count Down: 1 hour, 30 minutes

8. Honestly...just start drinking

this will not only waste time, but it'll also eventually put you to sleep

Good luck, my snowy friends, stay sane!