8 Activities To Do On The First Day With Perfect Spring Weather

Here are some things to enjoy as the weather becomes warmer!

106

If you're like me and ready for this snowy, gloomy weather to be over, then I have some good news for you. Spring is right around the corner! In Washington, we've been having some extreme weather, from snow at the end of February/beginning of March, to clear skies and temperatures reaching 70 in some places just this past week! While I know that this extreme weather is a whole other issue, I'm not complaining about it being warm.

Hopefully, you feel the same about this weather that I do, and with that, let me lay out what I'm most excited for that this warmer weather brings.

1. Time To Study Outside

There's something calming about being able to lay out on the grass and have the sun hit you when you're studying. Being able to take in the smell of spring and fresh air, it's so soothing.

2.Being Able To Go On HIkes

While you can hike in the winter, I find it more fun to hike when it's warmer out. Fewer hazards when hiking (depending on where you go) and a hike is more bearable when it's not super cold out.

3. Bike Rides

Something that I don't do often and wish that I did more of is going on bike rides. When I was a kid, my parents and I would go on family bike rides in the spring and summer. While I have grown up, biking is something that I plan to do more of in the springtime, just to get out and feel the breeze pass by me.

4.Seeing Flowers Bloom

Flowers blooming in spring has always been one of my favorite parts about the season. Being able to see and smell everything blooming brightens my mood. Plus, if you live in the Seattle area, you're able to go to the University of Washington and see the spectacular cherry blossoms there.

5. Beach Days!

Going to the beach in the spring or summer time was one of my favorite things growing up. You got to play in the sand and water, relax with a book in the shade, and just have an overall good time. With warmer weather right around the corner, the time for beach days is drawing nearer.

6. More Sun

This one is an obvious point, but I'll say it again! Warmer weather brightens my mood and I'm sure for many others it does as well. It brings me out of my seasonal depression, and for that, I am thankful for warmer weather.

7. Baseball Season

Growing up, one of my favorite things to do was play baseball in the springtime. While I don't play anymore, I still love to go to Mariners games when I have the time and partake in all the fun that the baseball park entails.

8. Changing Out My Closet

While I am a fan of sweater weather, being able to shed some layers in the spring is freeing. I'm excited to not have to bring a heavy coat with me wherever I go, and maybe even get to bust out some shorts if the weather calls for it. Plus, I can frequent my Birkenstocks once again.

Where ever you live in the springtime, I hope that it's filled with this and more! If not, I'm sure there's still plenty of ways for you to get out and enjoy the springtime.