15 Things To Do In Idaho This Summer

15 Things To Do In Idaho This Summer

A summer spent in Idaho is a summer well spent.

1739
15 Things To Do In Idaho This Summer

A summer spent in Idaho is a summer well spent. Below are just 15 of the many things to do in Idaho during the summer:

1. Have a picnic at Shoshone Falls on the Snake River near Twin Falls

I have personally never been to Shoshone Falls but it is definitely a place I want to go before summer is over (just look at how amazing this view is!)

2. Jump Creek is a fun day trip and is just outside of Marsing

It involves a small hike but the view of the waterfall is definitely worth it!

3. Hike Sawtooth and Alpine Lakes, Stanley

This hike is pretty long (about 10 miles) but seems like it is definitely worth it and is on my list for this summer! "From the Iron Creek trailhead off of Highway 21, you'll start in a forest of evergreens. You'll encounter an open meadow, cross a creek into an alpine basin, climb and meander through switchbacks before opening up to a scenic view of Mt.Regan. The whole trail is simply one of Idaho's most scenic, with impressive views of the mountains and valley." (onlyinyourstate.com)

4. Hike Mineral Ridge Loop, Coeur d'Alene

Another hike that is definitely worth the amazing views and is on my list for this summer as well! (plus it is only three miles!)

5. Take a trip to Thousand Springs State Park in Hagerman.

"Thousand Springs State Park has several units to explore: Malad Gorge, Kelton Trail, Earl M. Hardy Box Canyon Springs Nature Preserve, Billingsley Creek, Ritter Island, Crystal Springs and Niagara Springs. These incredible scenic areas are all within a short driving distance of each other. " (parksandrecreation.idaho.gov)

6. Go to the hot springs!

Hot springs are always a good choice and there are so many in Idaho to choose from!

Goldbug Hot Springs:

Skinny Dipper Hot Springs:

and there are SO many more!

7. Float the Boise river

Floating the river is something you have to do at least once in the summer, or for those that live in Boise, it is something that should be done as often as possible!

8. Go to a drive-in movie!

Spending a summer night at the drive in movie is seriously the best! You can take your boyfriend/girlfriend or just get a bunch of friends together, grab a pizza, take a car (or a few cars) full of blankets and pillows and just relax and watch some movies! Here are two popular ones in Idaho:

Terrace Drive In (Caldwell, ID) and The Spud Drive In (Driggs, ID)

9. Take a trip to McCall!

One of my favorite things to do during the summer is take a day trip to McCall. I love going to Ice Cream Alley, walking around the small town, going down to the beach, etc. (plus I always love going to the hot springs on my way back to Boise).

10. Hike Tablerock and watch the sunrise/sunset or drive up to 8th Street Lookout and watch the sunrise/sunset

Tablerock and 8th Street Lookout are located in Boise. I love going to both of these places throughout the year but during the summer is the best time!

11. Go boating at Lucky Peak

A day on the lake is a day well spent in Boise!

12. Go camping

Camping is always a fun time! What is better than good friends and good times? (and don't forget s'mores!)

13. Paddle Boarding

Paddle boarding is always a good way to spend part of the day, it's always fun to go paddle boarding with friends and then grab some food after!

14. Take a trip to Silverwood Amusement Park (North Idaho)

If you're looking for a fun time, Silverwood is the largest amusement park in the Northwest. It would be a fun trip to take with your boyfriend/girlfriend, friends, or family.

15. Go to the Capital City Public Market on a Saturday morning

Known better as the Saturday market or sometimes the Farmer's market. This is a fun thing to do on a Saturday morning downtown, plus you also get to support the local businesses in Boise. After, you can go grab a late breakfast somewhere downtown or go to a local coffee shop.

These are just 15 of many adventures you can take this summer! So get out and go take advantage of what Idaho has to offer you this summer!