Things To Do Before School Starts Again

Things To Do Before School Starts Again

Can't think of what to do before school starts again? Try some of these ideas.

37
Things To Do Before School Starts Again

The fall semester is almost upon us. Before getting back to classes and homework, why not try some of these adventures to end your summer with.

Go visit long-distance family

Going to visit extended family is fun and necessary. They miss you, you miss them, so why not go visit while you still have the chance?

Travel somewhere new for a weekend

Look up towns there are one to three hours from you, and take a mini road trip.

Travel somewhere new for a week

Visit some place you’ve always wanted to that may be a little ways off.

Go see a movie

There are always new, great movies coming out. Go on a date, friend date, or treat yourself.

Go bowling

Bowling never gets old. Find you closest bowling alley, take some friends, and have some fun while enjoying the air conditioning.

Go roller-skating

Roller-skating/blading isn’t as popular as it used to be, but it is still super fun.

Go to a state or national park near you

You can have a picnic, go hiking, go swimming, or just go exploring. There is plenty to do, and most are free to get into.

Go hiking

Check out local hiking, or even running or biking, trails in your area. There are plenty that are shaded and relaxing to walk along.

Go swimming

Whether it’s a lake, river, ocean, or stream, swimming is one of the greatest activities to do in the summer heat.

Go shopping

You could always use some new back-to-school clothes.

Work

Why not earn some extra money before the fall semester starts back up?

Do something spontaneous

Go on a random trip, go somewhere you’d never go with someone unexpected. Do something fun and unusual, unplanned.

Build something

A table, chairs, bookshelf, etc. Take some time to spend outside and use your hands for something useful.

Have a big sleepover

Invite your closest friends over, pop some popcorn, buy some soda, rent a movie (or surf Netflix), and have a sleepover just like you did back in elementary school.

Find new recipes to cook

Search Pinterest or Facebook for new recipes to cook and try. You may find some that you can easily make during the school year.

Go visit a friend you haven’t seen in a while

Call an old friend and plan a visit. I’m sure they’d love to see you.

Go camping

Though it’s hot, finding a camping spot near a river is one of the best ways to end a summer. Take some friends and spend your last couple of nights in nature.

Make some crafts

Search Pinterest, go to the craft store, and make something you’ve always wanted.

Read a book

Remember when you said you were going to actually have time to read this summer but then never did? Read that book now.

Prep for school

As sad as it is, summer is winding down. The fall semester starts in less than a month, and it’s never too early to order your textbooks and go school supply shopping.