10 Things To Do In Atlanta For Everyone Having A Staycation

Having a good summer doesn't necessarily mean leaving the state or country.

11

Around summer time, people generally ask you where you're going. However, traveling isn't necessary to having a great summer. These are some ideas you and your friends can do in the Atlanta Area this summer.

1. Have a photo shoot with friends

Having a photo shoot with friends is always a fun way to spend time. Over the summer specifically, many people around Atlanta choose to visit Anderson's Sunflower Farm. This sunflower farm is located in cumming and is a great place to go for pictures. The bright colors make for spectacular pictures. In fact, I plan on going this summer.

2. Visit the Atlanta Ice Cream festival

The Atlanta Ice Cream Festival is an event which will be happening at Piedmont Park on July 27th. It is a great event which will feature a lot of different ice-cream vendors. All the ice cream will be perfect for a sunny day.

3. Have a picnic

Picnics are always a fun thing to do with friends. My friends and I love going on picnics where we each bring one item of food. That way, there isn't too much responsibility on just one person.

4. Spend the day downtown

There are so many possible things to do in downtown Atlanta. From visiting Ponce City Market to going to different restaurants, the possibilities are endless. Personally, I thought Ponce City Market was a great place to go because there are many shops and places for food.

5. Go to the pool with friends

Unfortunately, Atlanta doesn't have any local beaches but the pool is just as fun. Cooling down on a hot day with the pool is a great way to have fun while not spending money over the summer.

6. Have an art party

This is something I've been wanting to do for a while and hope to do over the summer. Art is very therapeutic for many so it might be fun to invite friends over and just paint or do any form of art. This is a great way to spend a chill day where you don't feel like dressing up and going out.

7. Visit the lake

There are many lakes that are not too far from Atlanta, one of them being Lake Lanier. Lake Lanier is a beautiful place to visit. There are also boat rental options so it's always a fun place to visit.

8. Go on a hike

There are many places to go on hikes near Atlanta. Going on a hike is a great way to get out and see the beauty that nature has to offer. I always like to look at different state parks and decide which one I'd like to go to depending on how strenuous of a hike I'm looking for.

9. Go to a sports game

During the summer, the Atlanta Braves are playing. Going to a baseball game can be a great way to cheer on your team while also having a great time with friends.

10. Have a sleepover with friends

Having a sleepover with friends is something that never gets old, no matter how many times you do it. However, make sure you don't have anything to do the day after the sleepover because you are sure to be exhausted from staying up all night with your best friends.