The internet is a beautiful, crazy, and often scary thing. Growing up with the internet, I have been exposed to countless stories and images. Here are five things I have found on the internet that have made my heart melt with joy.
1. This Woman Who Received Her High School Diploma at 97
On October 21, 2015, 97-year-old Margaret Thome Bekema, received an honorary high school diploma from Catholic Central High in Grand Rapids Michigan. Margaret was supposed to graduate with her class in 1936 but had to drop out when she was seventeen to care for her ill mother and three younger siblings. In the video Margaret is overcome with emotion, crying tears of joy.
2. This Baby Pretending to Sleep
3. Albert on Wheels
Albert on Wheels is an Instagram account with over ten thousand followers, that features a little, fluffy white dog who walks and runs with wheels for back legs. The account is happy and heartwarming, showing Albert’s personality and vivacity despite his disability.
4. Dog and Elephant Friendship
The Elephant Sanctuary south of Nashville Tennessee was home to Tarra the elephant and Bella the dog. The two were inseparable friends for a decade.
5. 106 Year Old Virginia Mclaurin Dancing with Barack and Michelle Obama
Virginia Mclaurin, 106, realized her dream of visiting the Whitehouse recently for Black History Month. She shimmied and shoo her way into Barack and Michelle’s hearts.
- 20 Valentine's Day Puppies That Will Melt Your Heart ›
- 4 Summer Romance Stories That Will Make Your Heart Melt ›
- 21 Romantic Comedies That Melted My Heart And Will Melt Yours, Too ›