18 Things To Make Your Soul Happy

18 Things To Make Your Soul Happy

♫ “Raindrops on roses, And whiskers on kittens ... " ♫

275
18 Things To Make Your Soul Happy
Unsplash

Writer’s block has been an issue for me lately and, as a result, I went searching through google for a list of topic ideas. One topic that stuck out the most was “a list of all the things that make you happy — this better be a long one.”

Upon reading that line, a song from "The Sound Of Music" popped into my head. You know the one. It goes as so:

“Raindrops on roses

And whiskers on kittens

Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens

Brown paper packages tied up with strings

These are a few of my favorite things”

Ever since I was a little girl this song made me happy. It lists a lot of the things that truly make me cheerful, such as those whiskers on kittens, brown paper packages tied up with strings, cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels, and snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes.

Here’s a list of other things that make my soul happy and will probably make your soul happy as well.

1. Puppies

Specifically my own, but really any dog can put a smile on my face.

2. Kittens

Even youtube videos of kittens playing dead or stealing a baby’s sock make me laugh

3. Coffee

Perks me right up every morning

4. Food

I’m the girl dancing at her seat in the restaurant when she sees her food coming.

5. Music

A road trip with me (AKA a 5-minute drive to get food) always winds up being a karaoke performance staring me.

6. Horses

What majestic beasts. So beautiful and graceful, yet can kill you if they want to.

7. Mountains

Does a better view exist? I’ll answer that. No. Whether you're on the ground looking up at them or standing atop them, the killer view should make you insanely giddy.

8. Plants

I never used to be much a plant person. I mean watering them seemed like a pain in the behind, but now that I’ve taken the plunge and have become a plant lady, I love watching them grow and, plus, they add color to my life.

9. My Television Shows

I know I’m not the only person who waits on the edge of her seat for a new season of her shows to begin.

10. The Smell of Fire

A Christmas night fire in the fireplace or a bonfire in the fall. Each smells different but distinctive and each is associated with happy times.

11. The Smell Of Fresh Cut Grass

Hello, Spring!

12. Friends & Family

We’re an odd group but that's what makes us fun and interesting

13. Fall

My favorite season! Its cold, but not too cold, and there are so many outdoor activities to enjoy! Pumpkin picking, apple picking, hayrides, bonfires. Literally so many options.

14. Colors

Why would anyone want to stare at bland colors all day long?

15. Water

What a conundrum. It can baptize us or drown us. It can instill fear or peace. For me, it brings peace.

16. A Good Book

Curling up on the couch with a fire in the fireplace, rain pouring down outside, and tossing yourself into a story really does make for a great day

17. My paycheck

Let’s be honest, it’s nice seeing the number in your accounts rise. Financial stability/independence along with some cash left over for activities? Nothing better

18. Relaxation

Specifically a spa day. A mani and pedi. A deep tissue massage perhaps?