This is what we deal with daily

5 Annoying Moments Every server Has Dealt With During A Shift

When we think we know what were in for, it's usually the opposite.

26
waitressing
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlR-1heALgs/?taken-by=frangleisner

How many times have you walked into your shift thinking you know what to expect? Probably often, but does it ever really turn out how you expect? Rarely. "What you expected" doesn't exist for us. It's kind of spontaneous actually; every shift is different and when we think we know what were in for, it's usually the opposite. But if you're a server, you know these are 5 situations that you'll find yourself in no matter what:

1. "What time will you be off?"

The dreaded question from people who've never served. When you try to make plans after your shift it's kind of impossible; literally don't know what time I'll be out, but we can give you like a 2-4 hour time span. We never know exactly when we will get off. It's definitely not a 9-5 kind of day.

2. Every shift is unpredictable.

My face when I think I know what I'm in for, but I'm never right. Never fails. You come in on what's usually a slow night. You're ready for a chill shift. You get your side work done early and are all set to leave because no new tables have come in for the last 20 minutes. Then out of nowhere on a Monday night at 8pm you're slammed. Say goodbye to 'getting out early.'

3. There are 100,000 rolls of silverware to deal with.

Even if it wasn't that busy of a night, somehow there's still what seems to be a never ending pile of silverware. Where is all this coming from? Did we have ghost guests?

4. "That's what I made?"

Your predictions throughout your shift are never right. For better or for worse, you're always off...not even close.

5. Almost fell and caused a disaster... Almost.

Running back and forth from the kitchen to tables, hands occupied with dirty dishes, and dealing with random pieces of ice and beverage drippings that end up on the floor, it literally never fails. Happens all the time. How many times do you find yourself thinking man, those nonslip shoes aren't so nonslip after all....