Growing up, my mom would usually have to cook me a separate dinner from my siblings. Why? Because I was ridiculously picky and wouldn't eat the same foods as everyone else. Trust me, it gets old. It's not my fault certain things just taste gross, you learn to live with it.
1. You eat something you hate just to see if you still hate it
I'll take a bite of a burger every once in a while just to reaffirm that it still tastes like dirt. I just have to know. Don't even get me started on vegetables.
2. When trying to explain what you actually like to eat, people give you major side eye
Don't ask me about my eating habits unless you want to get into a long, confusing conversation.
3. Eating at someone else’s house when you were younger was a pain
You hate to tell their parents just how much you hate the food that they gave you. So, you sucked it up and ate it anyway only to come home and whine to your parents.
4. There’s one thing on any menu you always fall back on...even if it’s on the kids menu
Pizza, maybe. Chicken tenders, always.
5. Trying a new food is a very proud moment
It's like, wow! Look at me being all adventurous.
6. When you realize you actually like some new food, that’s an even more amazing moment
Crazy times. This rarely happens.
7. Sometimes it’s the texture, sometimes it’s the flavor, all the time it’s left on your plate
Oops. At restaurants it's either left on your plate or your order is very specified.