Things Only People Who Can't Cook Understand

Some of us just weren't made to cook

48

If you aren't the best in the kitchen, you can probably relate. No matter how much you may want to cook something, it just isn't in your DNA to make something edible.

1. You can watch an endless amount of Tasty videos, but will never be able to actually make them.

2. You are genuinely scared for when you have to live on your own.

3. Take-out is a daily occurrence.

4. Eggs tend to be your specialty.

5. Being a chef is not in your future.

6. You don’t even bother learning how to make things because you ultimately know you will end up burning it.

7. Your cookies are simply burnt crisps on a cookie sheet.

8. When you do make cookies, it's from the Nestle Tollhouse tub of cookie dough and you end up eating more than you actually make.

9. Nothing you make is ever homemade.

10. Pre-made dinners save your life.

11. People get secretly nervous when you tell them you’ll make dinner.

12. When having people over, they already know they’ll be having a pizza for dinner.

13. Lunchables are a five course meal.

14. Grilled cheese is gourmet.

15. You've probably set something on fire before.

16. Using an oven is something you try to stay away from.

17. Turning on the burner is the scariest part.

18. Forgetting pasta doubles in size when cooked, so your small pot suddenly completely overflows.

19. Don't even let me try to boil water.

20. When you do successfully make something, your family marks the day down on the calendar.