9 Things You Never Thought You'd Miss in College

Reflecting back on the high school days.
1506

Although I'd much prefer college over high school, there are definitely some things you miss that you never thought you would've. Now into my second semester at Syracuse, I'm picking up some of those things every now and then, and I'm sure you can relate.

1. Snow days

If you go to school in the tundra-like I do, you get blasted with snow daily. You'd think when they have to bust out the bulldozers to clear the sidewalks that maybe they'd cancel classes that day, or at least give you a delay. Well, your wrong so good luck trudging through the snow all day.

2. High school teachers (certain ones)

There are just certain subjects that can become really unnecessarily confusing when you're in a lecture with 200 other kids with a professor teaching the same lecture for the third time in a row that day. Everything becomes way more complicated, unlike the way it was in high school.

3. Walking EVERYWHERE

The furthest I had to walk in high school was the quick 30-second walk from my car to the main door, and you could get away with dry sneakers on a snowy day if you sprinted to the door. Here, you get to walk 20 minutes through a blizzard looking like a complete marshmallow while still freezing your ass off. Sounds enjoyable right?

4. Classes can go until 10 p.m.

In high school, your day ended around the same time every day. Here, every day is different. One day you start at 9:30 and end at noon, and the next you start at 11 am.. and end at 10 p.m. Working in a chemistry lab at 10 o' clock at night isn't exactly my idea of fun, but suit yourself.

5. Sleeping

Need I say more?

6. Real food.

It's no secret dining hall food is not your 5-star restaurant, and no one can afford to eat out daily so instead you live off coffee and granola bars every day.

7. Time

you're always busy, and when you aren't busy, you feel guilty for not doing something. There's always something that needs to be done or something to get ahead on.

8. Money

this one is obvious, but does college really have to be so expensive??

9. Seeing the same people every day

This could've been a bad thing in high school, but in college you really have to make the effort to see your friends especially if they don't live in your hall. When it's -10 out and snowing, is walking all the way across campus to see someone really worth it? Thats for you to decide.

Don't get me wrong I love college and everything about it, and these things really aren't the biggest deal. But it's always interesting to compare high school and college.