This Is Everything You Miss Out On When You're Too Busy Looking For A Husband In College

Is he the one or not? Or does it not even matter?

125
pxhere.com

We've all been there: it's turning into the end of the night and the majority of our friends are pairing off with their significant others or the sexy guy/girl they've just met a mere few hours earlier, stumbling out of the bars and into one of their beds.

Sure, it's super cool to have "someone to end the night with" but having this one feeling become a constant one throughout one college career can be both tiring and mind-numbing.

All the while this is all happening, there are loads of feelings and moments happening around you - moments and feelings that you don't even realize because you're just too busy trying to find a husband in your prime time of life.

The "forever moments" that the rest of your friends are experiencing together.

By "forever moments" I don't mean the ones where we're all pregaming together and getting ready to go out on a Friday night together. Those times are for sure one of the best but by "forever" what I mean is this: the moments in which we've given up on doing that paper due in a few days and we snuggle on the couch to watch conspiracy theories or a bunch of rom-coms until we fall asleep. By "forever" I mean ditching the plans to go out until the crack of dawn to go to dinner instead and by "forever" I mean taking one night to push your responsibilities to the side and going out and just saying f*ck it.

The epiphanies you have about your intellect, your career, and anything that remotely has anything to do with any future endeavors.

While you're wondering why King Frat Douche didn't text back and in response, you put up a rather raunchy snap just for King Frat Douche to ignore it, you're missing out on all the time you could've devoted to thinking through what to potentially make of yourself in the near future.

The moments where we wait to celebrate something "significant" when in reality, celebrations of life, in general, should happen more often.

Of course birthdays, anniversaries, and special milestones are a major key to celebrate in the brightest of lights but it's just as important to celebrate the "not-so-significant" moments because those are the times we will come to cherish the most. That one time we decided to make the trek out to the new restaurant we've always wanted to try on the first snow day of the semester. That time we used the air fryer to make fried Oreos because it was the "healthier" option. The one time we made a late night run to Wegmans to stock up on ice cream and chips because we were all stuck in the same "funk" as one another. These are all the tinier moments that will manage to stick by us when the going gets tough and we'll also remember these same moments when things don't seem as clear-cut as we initially thought they would.

The moments, no matter how big or small, are moments that can quickly go right over our heads if we don't stop every now and then to cherish them a little more than we would've if we weren't so preoccupied with finding "The One".