6 Things I Loved About Jamaica

6 Things I Loved About Jamaica

"It was the most beautifully scientific thing I have ever seen."

30
6 Things I Loved About Jamaica

Towards the end of the summer, my family and I went on a vacation to Montego Bay, Jamaica. It was a perfect place for a vacation as we were able to relax but also stay active. There were so many things about the country that I fell in love with, and below are the most memorable things about the trip.

1. The people

The people in Jamaica are so kind, they help you out whenever they're around, and they check up on you--even if it's not their job. They strike up conversations even though you're a stranger, and they are genuine conversations.

2. The food

The food is amazing, there's no better way to say it. They didn't eat a lot of sweets, their food consists of a lot of meat and spices, which tasted amazing. The Jerk Chicken is an obvious food choice, but it is a wonderful one as well as any jerk fish, curry and rice.

3. The culture

From my experience, Jamaicans are so proud of their culture, and it's such a beautiful thing to watch. They are proud of who they are, and it's wonderful. Between the music that brings them together and their general compassion, they have a reason to be proud of who they are.

4. The Luminous Lagoon

We went to this on our third night in Jamaica, and I have to say that I have never witnessed something so magical, and might never again. Every time I moved in the water, the water reacted by glowing. It was the most beautifully scientific thing I have ever seen.

5. Rick's Cafe

This was an adventure for birthday celebration reasons, and I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out. We got there, and I watched people jump for a few minutes before my dad decided to jump off of the highest level he could. I went back up to our dinner seating and grabbed my middle sister so that the two of us could start jumping as well. I went to the lowest jumping area, and it still made my stomach lift. My sisters and I jumped several times during the night, ate amazing food, drank amazing drinks and listened to amazing music.

6. Mystic Mountain

This was an amazing outing with just my sisters and my dad. We woke up early in the morning and got a ride all the way over to Mystic Mountain where we went on a zipline course, took the Bobsled ride and went up and down the mountain using a skylift.