Things I Love About Cape Cod

Things I Love About Cape Cod

Cape Cod is Cool!

60
Things I Love About Cape Cod
Google

Every June, my family and I travel to Cape Cod to celebrate my mom’s birthday. I have been traveling to Cape Cod and spending all of my summers there ever since I was a baby. When I was a teenager, I found our usual trips to the Cape to be boring because it was the same thing every year. But now, at 21 years old, I have realized that there are many things I love about the Cape. Coming back, after a few years of working, has made my admiration of the Cape grow stronger. Here are some things I love about the Cape:

1. Beach Town

Entering the Cape, I’m constantly aware that the ocean is not that far away from me. No matter what town I end up staying in each summer-- Dennis Port, Hyannis, Yarmouth-- the beach is not that far away. And I’m reminded by that by the cute little shacks, sea shacks, pool floaty stores, boat stores, etc.

2. The People

Unlike people from most areas of the world in which I am used to, the people who live in Cape Cod (and maybe the tourists, too; because the Cape can make anyone get into an uplifting mood) are very friendly. Walking anywhere on the Cape, it is near impossible to see anyone without a smile on their face. People actually want to start conversations with you and at restaurants, they care about your well-being.

3. The Weather

The weather at the Cape varies. When it’s sunny and the sky is clear, it’s really nice out in the summer. The weather can range anywhere from 60-75 degrees on an average summer day, depending on the time of day, the month, and global weather patterns. A sunny day means that it’s a great day for beach weather; a walk or run down the street; playing Pirate’s Cove mini golf or other mini gulfs; spending time outside eating ice cream; and just enjoying life outdoors. When it’s cloudy, it can get really cold and windy. It’ll make you want to spend your time indoors, swimming inside, taking a shower, or snuggled up to a movie or book. And when it rains, it’s still cold and windy. You may want to go to a restaurant and snuggle up with a cup or bowl of clam chowder.

4. The Restaurants

The one thing I love about Cape Cod is the vast variety of restaurants it has to offer. If you’re like me and grew up in a town where there is nothing but a wide selection of fast food chains, it can get real old after a while. You’ll get tired of the grease, the carbs, and the same, boring, processed taste. You want new experiences of food; you want change. And Cape Cod can give that to you! There are tons of seafood restaurants at Cape Cod, such as the Lobster Boat, Captain Parker’s, Dennisport House of Pizza, the Weepacket, the Pancake Man, the Keltic Kitchen, Hearth N’ Kettle, and countless other fun restaurants to get an amazing breakfast or some of the best seafood and clam chowder you’ll ever have!

5. The Clam Chowder

As I have mentioned many times before, the clam chowder in Cape Cod ROCKS!! It is unlike any of the other clam chowder you’ll have in your life. It’s not the creamiest, but it’s creamy, rich, and has a hint of some type of seasonal plant that makes it taste so real and not processed! It’s the best quality and there’s nothing like a fresh, hot, steamy cup/bowl of clam chowder at the Cape!

6. The Sand Art Castles

Every year at the end of June, workers come around the Cape (particularly in Yarmouth) and dump piles of sand around famous touristy attractions. For example, there’s a pile of sand near the Pancake Man, the bank, the Keltic Kitchen, Pirate’s Cove, and other cool attractions. Once the piles of sand has been dumped, artists go to the sand and sculpt different sand art to every pile of sand. Since the Keltic Kitchen is an Irish breakfast restaurant, every year, the sand art is something Irish, but different every year. I believe one year, it was a sculpture of Mother Mary with “Ireland” underneath her. This year, it’s the Celtic cross. Over by the mini gulf one year, was a sand sculpture that resembled a skull and with parrots around it. The sand sculptures are cool and it amazes me that there’s always something new with them every year.

7. Something New to Do

No matter where you decide to go at the Cape, there is always something new and affordable to do. Whether you choose to play mini gulf, eat at a new restaurant, go to the beach, get ice cream, or try amazing clam chowder, it’s near impossible to get bored. So what are you waiting for? Embark on a trip to the Cape today! Trust me, you will not regret it!