Things To Do In Lexington If You're Bored

Fun Things To Do In Lexington, KY If You're One Of These 4 Types Of People

Can't stop looking on your phone for something to do? Here's a couple ideas.

105

Do you ever find yourself staring at your phone for hours looking for things to do because there's nothing going on? Well, you and every college student have the same problem. Everyone has been there, and there's nothing more annoying than Googling "fun things to do." It doesn't make it any easier with half of the lists in the search results are for families or kids. So, here are some things to do for college students in the Lexington area on a boring day.

For the athletic types:

For the people who are bored and want to stay active.

• Go golfing: The University of Kentucky has its own golf course and unlike the dining food, it's actually pretty good! It is a 20-minute drive from campus and not a huge dent in your bank account. If you're not looking to play a full round of golf, you can go to the Man O' War driving range and hit a few balls then head home. Man O' War is only 15 minutes from campus, and it is a great place to improve your game.

• Go rock climbing: At the Johnson Center on campus, you can go rock climbing. It's a great workout and very accessible to students. The only thing you have to do to climb is sign a waiver and you're good to go. If you think you won't be good at climbing, don't worry! They have instructors there that will assist you and give you great tips. They also have an instructional hour and a half course where you will learn all the fundamentals of climbing. The best part is, its all free!

For the adventurous types:

For the people who love to explore.

• Red River Gorge jump rock: A popular spot for college kids, you can make into a day trip, a quick jump in the water on a hot day, or a good hike. Being a little over an hour away, it can be difficult to get there, but once you get there the drive won't seem too bad though! In the beautiful Red River Gorge, there isn't a shortage of incredible views. The best way to get to the spot is to parking in the Sheltowee Trace Suspension Bridge parking lot when you get off of KY-715.

• Explore Downtown Lexington: Depending on traffic, downtown Lexington is very easy to get to and has a lot to explore! From the shops, great food, Triangle Park, and the bar scene, you can find something to do downtown. If you're going out to get some drinks, Belle's Cocktail House is a great spot with an incredible rooftop view. Another spot to go to is The Square, where you can find some restaurants, shops, and museums. With all downtown Lexington has to offer, you're sure to find something for you.

For the chill types:

For the people who just want to relax.

Everypixel

• Pancake night by CSF: Can't find anything to do and you've got the late-night munchies? The Christian Student Fellowship offers free pancakes to students every Friday from 11 p.m. until 2 a.m. All you have to do is show up and eat! Being located on campus makes getting there very easy, and the people who work there are great people. If you do plan on going, double-check that is not canceled because some weeks they do not have it.

• Go see a movie: At the Gatton Student Center Cinema, they have movies playing most nights, and it is free for students! If they aren't playing a movie you want to see, you can go to the Cinemark Fayette Mall and XD off Nicholasville Road! It's only a 15-minute drive from campus and they have a lot of movie options to choose from!

For the artsy types:

For the people who appreciate art and nature.

• Museum on campus: At the Singletary Center for the Arts, they have a great museum available for free to students! They have many exhibitions and artwork to explore and see. If you want someone to show you around, they offer guided tours but you have to schedule in advance. If you drive there, they offer free parking as well!

• Check out the arboretum: Many people have not heard of The Arboretum, but it is a great place to go if you appreciate art and nature. Their gardens are very well kept and you can go year-round! They have many gardens to see in their 100-acre property with each one more visually appealing than the last.

While there are many things to do at the University of Kentucky and in Lexington, sometimes it can be hard to find something to do. Hopefully, this helps you next time you're bored and can't find something to do!