6 Things I Miss About College

6 Things I Miss About College

How has it only been four months?

57

I graduated college in May of 2018, and although I'm looking forward to the future and what is to come, I think that college will always be a favorite time in my life.

1. Seeing my friends every day

When you're in college, you get used to seeing your friends in classes, at meals, around campus, and during whatever you decide to do over the weekend. Even when you're at home during breaks, you know it won't be long until you're back at school with your friends. After graduation, it becomes very difficult to see your college friends. You're no longer walking distance from each other, and when people start to work, schedules become difficult to work around.

2. Living with my friends

Not only is it weird to not see my friends every day, but I got so used to living with them that living at home seems weird now. I miss waking up and having breakfast with my friends, or coming home from class and being able to immediately hang out with them. I miss always having people around, and the easy convenience of always having someone to hang out with. However, I don't miss how dirty some of my friends could be.

3. The classes 

I truly loved my majors. Although it was occasionally difficult to find the motivation to get up and go to class, I would give anything to be able to go back and sit in a lecture one more time.

4. The coffee

Luckily, my campus had quite a few different options for coffee. Starbucks, Peet's Coffee, Green Mountain, and a few more. Plus, there was a Dunkin' Donuts not too far from campus. The easy convenience of having a place to get coffee only a short walk away will always be superior to brewing a cup at home or having to drive somewhere. Not to mention that it felt "super college" to walk around campus with a salted caramel mocha in my hand.

5. The campus

My university had a truly beautiful campus, especially in the fall. It was small, so it was easy to appreciate every aspect of the campus, whether that be the buildings, or how many trees there were. I also miss walking on campus and saying hi to almost every person that I passed. What can I say? It was a small school, we all knew each other.

6. Everything else 

This list could go on forever, but I'll sum things up by saying that I miss everything about college. I miss the town, my professors, the library, the bars, and even some of the food. Current students, don't take anything for granted, because it will end sooner than you think, and you will miss it.