Why These 10 Things Haven't Changed For Feminists

It's been 170 years since the movement started. Somethings not right.

453

Look, it's 2018 and with "feminism" being voted word of the year, you would think that all of this bullshit circulating around men and women's heads would be cleared up by now.

Well, not to be a bad hombre and break it to you, but it has not.

Well, in light of the new year, as well as plans being officially underway for many "Women's March" anniversaries at the end of the month, I felt that it would be appropriate for me to give y'all a master-list of things that still haven't changed for some odd reason:

1. Tampons and pads still aren't free.

Ya know, thank god that men have the luxury of free condoms at many health centers or hospitals. Thank god they are supplied these free items for a choice that they get to make. It's really unfortunate that I am obligated for the sake of sanitation to shell out money for a box of tampons once a month or a replacement diva-cup every once in a while for something that I have no choice in.

Side note, here is a foundation that strives to provide free period-products in bathrooms outside of the home, in case you were interested in any sort of informative action.

2. A lot of women still refuse to call themselves feminists.

I mean, just a little tip, maybe if people would google the definition of feminism then women would not be trapped with this negative "femi-nazi" label hanging over their heads.

"Purple is to lavender as woman is to feminist." - Alice Walker

3. Donald Trump still hasn't gotten impeached.

I don't know what women he grabbed in the pussy good enough to even want him in office, especially with an overwhelming quantity of white women that did vote for Trump, but how has he gone this long with all of the negative things that he has said and done in his short year in office. Why have these problems been hidden under a rock to the point that America has become a joke to other countries? This is not okay, everyone. Honestly, this is just bad publicity.

4. Where are our gun regulations?

No, this seriously isn't a joke. Here is a list of mass shootings that have happened in the United States in the last decade alone. I'm getting sick of officials in office "praying" for these victims. Maybe get off your high-horses and do something about all of this. Citizens of the United States are being killed and for what? Nothing.

Maybe eliminating the cause (guns) could prompt a solution (people not being afraid of their fellow American).

5. This whole tax-break for the rich is still garbage."Nah man they're making the middle class richer".

Okay no, this whole thing is making the rich just a little bit richer and the poor just that much poorer. This is doing nothing to benefit the middle man.

Hey, do you think that the Trump administration is going to willingly shell out more food stamps or some form of nation-wide health coverage (or maybe even one that covers women's reproductive health)? Absolutely not.

6. Trump is still whining about "crooked Hillary."

Look homeboy, you won a year ago. Congratulations, we're all raising our joints and glasses of straight-vodka in your honor, but shut up about Hillary Clinton. God forbid a woman wins the popular vote over you. God forbid a woman of power does something better than you.

7. Gendered products are still on the market.

A screen-shot of this product deserved no place on my article, but, I wanted to make you all aware of one of the stupidest products ever released on the market: Bic for Her. Thank god Bic designed a pen just for me; now I'll have something to use to write my hate-mail to Betsy Devos and FOX News with.

8. People are still being taught "don't get raped" rather than "don't rape."

If I have to see a pop-up ad of one more app that will help me prevent my impending rape or my "personal safety," I'm going to lose my mind. I haven't seen an informative app for men/women about how to just not rape someone.

Now look, I feel like these apps are realistically beneficial. If you feel safer, go for it, but do you think that maybe someone could produce an app that could detect if someone is too drunk to consent or some sort of anonymous tip-app when someone feels another person is in danger? Apple, I am waiting.

9. People still think that feminists hate men.

Last time I checked, the definition of equality was not the same as the definition of matriarchy.

Now, unless there has been some huge societal definition-switch that I haven't heard about, I would like to know why people are still under the assumption that just because feminism has "fem" in it that we are suddenly these power-hungry, opposite gender-hating - oh sorry, I wasn't trying to compare anyone to Trump.I'm not that mean.

10. Honestly, why do feminists have things to still be angry about in 2018?

The women's movement started in 1848, and according to my calculations, that was 170 years ago. 170 years of amazing changes, scientific breakthroughs, and Beyoncé.

After 170 years, I will still be paid less on my starting salary than my male counterpart. I will still be afraid that my abortion rights will be taken away under religious pretenses, and I am still afraid that I will have a child that will have a #MeToo story to tell, or that they will never be able to see the first female president.

As a young feminist in 2018, these are not things that I should still be afraid of. Equality has to come at some point, and I hope for the sake of all of us that we are alive to see this happen.

Hell, what's another 170 years to a few Republicans?