Things Workers Are Tired Of Hearing

10 Things Your Friends Who Work A 9-To-5 Job All Summer Need You To Stop Saying

Sorry, I have work.

643
@realzaxbys/Instagram

Summer is usually a time for college students to be chilling and relaxing for three months while there's no school, however, some of us are having to spend our summers working. There are some days occasionally where I wish I could be at the beach instead of work, but for the most part, I don't mind working during my summers. BUT I do mind when I constantly hear these 10 things from everyone.

1. "Why do you work so much?"

Because I need money, dude.

2. "When's your next off day?"

I don't work your typical 9-5 Monday-Friday job so I have no idea what days I'll be off each week.

3. "Why do you go to bed so early?"

Waking up early for work isn't fun when you don't get enough sleep so...

4. "Why won't you come hang out for a few minutes?"

Because I'm tired, bro.

5. "Why don't you take off so you can hang out?"

Because I need MONEY!

6. "If you work all the time, why don't you ever have money?"

Because bills...

7. "Why do you take so long to respond?"

Um, because I'm working.

8. "Why do you always seem so stressed?"

Because some people/situations are just a PAIN to deal with.

9. "Why don't you have very many off days?"

I mean 5 days a week is the usual work week so...

10. "But it's summer."

Just because school's out doesn't mean I don't need money anymore.