8 Things Every Chick-Fil-A Employee Understands

It’s not Hawaiian sauce, Asian sauce or Polyester sauce, it’s Polynesian sauce.

135
Unsplash

Working at Chick-fil-A is an adventure. It can be stressful to work in such a fast-paced environment and sometimes you never want to smell chicken again; but at the end of the day, it's a great feeling knowing you work for such an awesome company!

1. It's Polynesian sauce.

It’s not Hawaiian sauce or Asian sauce… or Polyester sauce? (yes, I’ve heard all of these...) It’s Polynesian sauce, aka Sweet and Sour Sauce.

2. Some people don’t even know how to say “Chick-fil-A.”

It’s like saying chicken filet, but chick filet. It’s not Chick-fila or Chicken Filet. It’s Chick-fil-A.

3. Bringing a dog through the drive-thru makes any shift better.

Seeing a puppy in the window of someone’s car has been the absolute highlight of many of my shifts.

4. “My pleasure” becomes an automatic response.

I often catch myself saying “my pleasure” in public after holding doors for others or picking up something that was dropped. No matter how hard I try, “my pleasure” just comes out.

5. The house sauce is NOT Chipotle sauce, it’s Chick-fil-A sauce.

I can’t tell you how many times someone has asked me for Chipotle sauce or asked: “Can I have the house sauce?” It’s Chick-fil-A sauce folks.

6. Taking off for cow appreciation day has to happen months in advance.

Cow Appreciation Day can be really fun, but it can also be extremely stressful and sometimes we just don't want to put ourselves through that.

7. If it’s 9:50pm, 10 shakes will certainly be ordered.

You’re prepping to close the store, the floors are getting ready to be done, the chutes are turned off and then all of a sudden… someone orders a million shakes. Remember when you said hoped you’d be done closing early? Lol, you thought.

8. Having regulars is the best.

Seeing your regulars walking through the door or pulling up to the drive-thru window in the middle of a long shift makes everything better! The regulars and kind people coming through the store always remind me why I love working for this company.