20 Things To Do When You Are Bored

20 Things To Do When You Are Bored

Here are some awesome things to do when you are bored.

288
20 Things To Do When You Are Bored
Ewan Robertson

Have you ever experienced a day where you have nothing to do? You called a bunch of friends to see if they were free to hang out, but none of them were free. You don't have a car to go to the mall or movies. So you are stuck at home with nothing to do! If this is ever the case for you, then here are some awesome things for you to try!

1. Try a new recipe.

There are hundreds of recipes that you can find! You can look on Pinterest or Tasty to find unique recipes to make, such as crockpot recipes or tasty sweets!

2. Do homework.

If you have any homework to catch up on, now this is the time to do your homework to be productive.

3. Make a dream board.

A dream board is where you put your short and long term goals for the future. You can clip a bunch of pictures from magazines or anywhere really. This is a great activity to do to get you motivated and inspired.

4. Paint your nails.

You can paint your nails regularly or you can paint some really cool designs on your nails! Nail art is super trendy and there are so many videos on Youtube for tutorials/inspiration.

5. Call an old friend.

I love doing this because you get to catch up with someone! I sometimes will call a friend of mine that I haven't spoken to in a long time. The conversation maybe five minutes or three hours. It is almost like you have never stopped talking.

6. Meditate.

Meditation is very important for your well being and mental health. There are apps like Calm or Insight Timer to help you with mediating.

7. Prepare your outfits for the week.

This is a great way to get inspiration for the week. Also if you are running late, you won't have to stress finding an outfit!

8. Have your own dance party.

Put your favorite tunes to dance to and start dancing like it's going to be the last time that you dance!

9. Write an online review of a restaurant.

I have not done this before but a friend told me that she will do this when she is bored. Yelp is a great free site where you can write reviews of your favorite restaurants or your least favorite restaurants.

10. Shop online.

I definitely do this when I am bored! Go on your favorite website to shop and browse through all the beautiful items that the website has to offer. You don't have to buy anything but it is just fun to do!

11. Research on a topic that you are interested in.

The Internet is full of amazing resources that you can use to research any topic that you are interested in. Search up topics like "The History of Fashion" or "Information about galaxies." Search up whatever interests you!

12. Look at old family photos.

Looking at old family photos can take hours and it can bring back nostalgic memories.

13. Make friendship bracelets.

Growing up, I'll make friendship bracelets all the time! there are so many different ways to make the bracelets. There are many tutorials on Youtube and the internet.

14. Sign up to be an Odyssey writer.

Sign up to be part of the greatest writing community ever. You'll be able to write about what you are passionate about and meet really cool people in your writing community!

15. Solve a puzzle.

Puzzles are so much fun and can take hours to do! You definitely won't be bored if you are doing a puzzle.

16. Clean your room.

Cleaning your room is such a stress reliever. You can organize your closet, clean out your desk, or make your bed. There is so much that you can clean in your room and you will feel so much better afterward.

17. Edit pictures to make your Instagram on fleek.

Us girls and boys want our Instagrams to be looking fabulous and snazzy. There are apps to help you such as VSCO and Afterlight that provides great filters and editing skills.

18. Go swimming if you have a pool.

Swimming is awesome and it is a great way to be active! You can also work on your tan while swimming which is a plus.

19. Binge watch a show on Netflix.

Netflix is the perfect place to binge watch a show and there are so many different shows that you can watch on Netflix!

20. Make a new playlist on Spotify.

Making a new playlist is super fun! You can make one for your homework/study time or make a playlist for your friends.