Things that are better about high school than College

And To Think You Thought You Wouldn't Miss A Thing About That Place

118
US News

High School is that time in between. You are growing up and want to be treated as an adult but aren’t quite there yet. It’s where a lot of first happen. You learn how to drive and get your first car. You might have found your first true love in high school or been to your first state championship. Although, high school can be a rough time for a lot of people because you are understanding exactly what you want out of your life and who you want to become. When people talk about how much they enjoyed school most of the time they just loved college. Yes, college is a wonderful time there are a few things that are better in high school than college and these are those things.

1. Group Projects

In high school group projects are so much easier. Whether you got to pick the members of your group or the teacher assigned you to a group it is so much less stressful in high school. The teacher often gives you class time to work together in high school which doesn’t happen in college, and if that time isn’t given there are free periods or times after school and weekends where people are available. In high school you know you can get the project done and if someone doesn’t do any of the work you can inform the teacher directly and it will only affect that person’s grade not everyone’s.

2. School Dances

School dances are where most of the pictures that will hang in your dorm room are taken. Getting all dressed up in beautiful dresses, the hair appointments, and mani-pedis are most of the fun. In college it’s sometimes hard to find an excuse or reason to do these things. Also the school dances in high school most people attend.

3. Relationships with teachers

Of course you bond with several of your professors in college but it is completely different than the ones you loved in high school. You have seen these teachers for four years. You have heard how easy or hard their classes are and you are also able to understand how they format their tests because you have all year to figure out what exactly to study to get the grade you want. These teachers also see you five days a week so they get to know you pretty well. They can help you learn their material in such a way it is easy and makes sense to you. In college you have a professor for half a year and only see them twice a week so making that bond is more difficult.

4. Getting accepted into classes

In college you hope that you can register early so you can get into the classes you want. In high school you are put into all the classes at the same time and you are not removed from the classes because they are too full.

5. Having your parents around

Yes, it is fun in college to live on your own but it is really nice that your mom can go pick up sometime from the house for you if you forgot it. Having someone else fill the fridge and if there are any problems with your home you can tell your dad and it can be fixed right away.