11 Things To Know Before Going On A Road Trip With Your Friends

11 Road Trip Facts Every Seasoned Road-Tripper Knows To Be True

"On the road again...I can't wait to be on the again."

353

Road trips are an incredibly fun way to spend time with your friends or family and see some cool places along the way. However, it's a very uniquely interesting form of an outing and with that comes its own unique set of things that every road-tripper knows to be true.

1. Driving during the night is the worst

There is no time worse than during the night on an unlit highway to be driving. My family and I ended up driving through the Smoky Mountains at night and it was a -4/10 experience.

2. A good road trip playlist is ESSENTIAL.

Boppin' tunes can set the mood the entire road trip. Choose wisely or face the consequences. Check out mine here.

3. When driving in the South, there is a Cracker Barrel every 10 feet roughly

I kid you not, there was a Cracker Barrel about every 10 miles down I-75 or closer. I can't say I was disappointed in the slightest but there were SO MANY OF THEM.

4. The Alphabet Game goes HARD

There are few things in life that get more competitive than the Alphabet Game on a long car ride. Luckily, I've always had great distance vision so I can spot those signs a long while before anyone else can.

5. A Quality Inn is only exciting when playing the Alphabet Game

Usually it's decent practice to avoid them, but there are few things more exciting than a Quality Inn when you've been stuck on Q for 40 minutes.

6. On that note, good luck with X

X is literally the worst letter of the alphabet in this game. Unless a company gets lazy and says "Xtra" or something of that variety, it's hopeless. We got lucky on this one and passed a town called "Xenia."

7. Prepare for at least 20 minutes of scheduled arguments

It's inevitable to not get grouchy when you're in the same car with the same people for continuous hours without a break. Embrace it and get back to having fun as soon as possible.

8. You are never ready for your driving shift

I don't care how good of a driver you are, you go full new driver as soon as it's your turn to drive. It's like the pressure of it being Your Turn™ is too much to handle and be a quality driver at the same time.

9. There's at least an hour where everyone gets delirious

During this time, beware. Every single thing that happens is HILARIOUS. If you're misfortunate enough to do something funny within this time frame, prepare to be crucified for it for the duration of the hour to come.

10. The drive there always feels SO MUCH longer than the drive back

It takes like 18 years to get anywhere because you're so excited, but then two minutes to get back.

11. Road trips are the very best

They have their ups and downs but a road trip is truly an incredible experience if you're doing it with the right people.