I'm "blessed" to have a fast metabolism. Unfortunately, the list of things that wear my patience thin isn't as skinny as I am.
Here is a slim list of the things that wear skinny people's patience thinner than they are.
1. Putting on a pair of pants just to have them fall down
No, a belt isn't going to fix the problem.
2. Waitstaff asking if you’re sure you want what you’re ordering
Yes, I know it's a bigger portion. I'm hungry.
5. Being asked if you’re anorexic
I appreciate your concern, but being skinny doesn't mean I'm unhealthy.
6. Size small not being small enough
If you're lucky, size extra small can be too big too.
7. People assuming you can eat whatever you want with no consequences
Junk food is junk regardless of who you are.
8. Getting cold easily
At least when you wear a coat, you don't look quite as skinny.
9. People assuming you only eat salad
Yes, I like salad. No, it's not the only thing I eat.
10. Being told you need more meat on your bones
I'm not a steak. I have plenty of meat on my bones, thank you.
11. Others constantly reminding you how skinny you are
Thank you, I was completely unaware of how skinny I am. *eye-roll*
12. People worrying that you’ll “break” if they hug you too hard
I'm not made of glass.
13. The nicknames
Toothpick, String Bean, Skinny Minnie, Twig… I have a real name, too.
14. Being asked why you’re not a model
Sorry, I like writing better.
15. Hearing that you’ll gain weight after you turn 30 or have kids
17. Always needing a belt
Your wardrobe is full of belts or pants with drawstrings.
18. Being told to be careful when it’s windy outside
I'm not going to blow away when the wind is 20 mph.
19. Finding a bracelet that doesn’t slip off your arm
Watches are awkward too.
20. Always sitting in the middle of the backseat
Just because I'm skinny doesn't mean I want to be turned into a human sandwich.
21. Being picked up so someone else can test their strength
Wow, you're so strong since you can pick up the skinniest person in the room. Would you mind putting me down now?
22. Unpadded seats
Imagine sitting on your elbows for a few hours.
23. The assumption that you’re weak just because you’re skinny
I'm strong enough to put up with all of the things on this list.