Thief

Thief

A Letter
Drew
Drew
18

Dear Drew Seitz,

You in vain thief will never steal what is mine.

I know what you do, I see your deeds. Yet all I can do is write this letter to you…nevertheless you will read it and hopefully come to your senses—if you have any left by the time it reaches you.

You are a slave to the night. Your filthy deeds are done in the dark, yet you cannot hide! You are caught red handed!

Did you really think you would go unnoticed? Did you think yourself untrackable? Untraceable?

Ha! Do you realize what you were trying to steal?

Ha! You could not even begin to imagine the gravity of your…“endeavor”.

Did you really believe you would succeed? Did you really you would accomplish anything?

I pity you, you sad trespasser.

You poor soul. You do not understand, do you?

Your dirty hands would never come close to My Treasure’s dwelling place.

You do not grasp how safe My Treasure is.

You cannot grasp My Treasure!

You can try all you want, have as many attempts as you like!

You will fail again and again.

I feel sorry for you. Your life’s goal is a waste.

I wish you would change your ways.

I wish you would find Your Treasure.

It is worth more than all riches, all gold, all diamonds. Nothing compares to its value.

It is infinite in amount and never ending in supply...

I digress, you are a criminal and you should be served a swift punishment.

I could, if I wanted to, end you at any moment. I could destroy you.

For you see, I know your every movement, your every step, your every breath.

I have hated you—but that was some time ago now.

For you see, thief, I was called to love you.

The One who gave me this Treasure told me to love you–for He indeed Loves you!

So Regardless of your stupidity and your crimes, I will forgive you.

Regardless of your useless ambition to separate me from My Treasure, My God’s Love for me, I will spare you my hatred.

Instead, I will love you, I will pray for you.

–Sincerely, Drew Seitz

*******

Romans 7:15-25: 15 For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. 16 Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good. 17 So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. 18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.21 So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. 22 For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, 23 but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. 24 Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh, I serve the law of sin.