As a girl who's grown up with thick hair, I know the struggle! There are just some things that girls with thin hair just won't be able to understand.
All the repeated comments from hair stylists, having to explain what thinning your hair is, and people constantly wanting to just run their hands through it! Those are just a few extra that I didn't even include in this list!
Who knew hair could cause so many problems. At the end of the day, we come to have a love-hate relationship our thick hair but there are times we just feel like cutting it all off! But short hair tends to not work either...so it's a struggle.
1. You have to wake up earlier than anyone else.Giphy
If you want your hair to look nice for the day, be prepared to allow a hour or more on it in the morning.
2. If you shower and put your hair in a bun in the morning, by nighttime... it’s still wet.
It's hard to avoid when you're in a hurry! Showering then throwing it up to avoid having to deal with it until later always seems like an easy solution. But when night comes and you take it out, be prepared for a tangled wet mess.
3. You always run out of conditioner before shampoo...Giphy
Not to mention how much money you spend on that crap to get a thorough wash!
4. Blow drying takes fricking forever...Giphy
There's really no winning when it comes to drying your hair. It takes forever to blowdry it and by the time you finish you feel like taking another shower cause you're all sweaty!
5. Your hair ain’t got time for no cute hair styles.Giphy
Cute Pinterest hair dos? Nope.
6. French braiding is a work out...Giphy
It's always better to have someone else french braid your hair because if you do it, halfway through your arms are sore! Then you have to debate whether or not to give up and give your arms a break.
7. Your hair is so heavy sometimes it gives you a headache.Giphy
When you finally get your ponytail in just the way you want it, you have to take it down cause its so damn heavy!
8. At any given moment, hair will fly into your mouth/face...
Windy days are one of your worst enemies, theres no taming it after a nice gust of wind.
9. If you want to go to a salon, you need to allow about four or more hours.
You've just got so much hair it'll take forever to style it! Even for a professional.
10. Brushing your hair is a nightmare...Giphy
So many knots... you just become immune to the yanking and pulling!
11. Humidity = bad hair day.
Humidity...another worst enemy it just makes your day so much worse.
12. Your hair eats bobby pins.
I've owned 500+ bobby pins in my life...I have one left.
13. You shed more than a cat.
Running your fingers through your hair isn't usually the best thing to do in the first place, but when you do, don't be surprised when you find loads of loose hairs falling out.
14. There’s been many a broken hair brush in your life.
Trying to yank those knots out have cost you many a hair brush.
15. All the ads you get are probably for some sort of drain cleaner
Theres just so much hair!
16. Drying your hair naturally takes forever...Giphy
Brushing your hair an hour after your shower and it's still wet! Come on!
17. Cutting your hair short isn’t a good idea either.
It always ends up being shorter than planned, especially in the humidity!
18. You're constantly brushing!
In attempt to avoid knots, you've always got to brush...
19. Curling your hair takes up half your day.
By the time you finish, the side you curled first is already loose! Not to mention, you still miss a huge clump cause it was hidden by the curls!
20. You regularly break hair elastics.
Another thing to continously spend money on... those things just can't handle your hair!
21. Sometimes it feels like your hair is out to kill you!
It's everywhere! And if it's long enough, you'll find it tangled around your throat in the morning if you don't put it up before bed.
22. So much sweat in the summer...
It's the worst when you wear it down and find it sticking to your arm pits and back...
23. Never ending knots!
No matter how much you seem to brush, theres always a hidden knot.
24. Low water pressure makes you want to cry...
It takes forever just to get your hair wet!
25. Travel shampoo is laughable — that will last you one wash...if that.
It's such a pain to have to bring your own shampoo and conditioner on vacation, but hotels just never provide enough for your lucious locks.