25 Problems Only Girls With Thick Hair Will Understand

I've owned 500+ bobby pins in my life...I have one left.

1734

As a girl who's grown up with thick hair, I know the struggle! There are just some things that girls with thin hair just won't be able to understand.

All the repeated comments from hair stylists, having to explain what thinning your hair is, and people constantly wanting to just run their hands through it! Those are just a few extra that I didn't even include in this list!

Who knew hair could cause so many problems. At the end of the day, we come to have a love-hate relationship our thick hair but there are times we just feel like cutting it all off! But short hair tends to not work either...so it's a struggle.

1. You have to wake up earlier than anyone else.

If you want your hair to look nice for the day, be prepared to allow a hour or more on it in the morning.

2. If you shower and put your hair in a bun in the morning, by nighttime... it’s still wet.

media.giphy.com

It's hard to avoid when you're in a hurry! Showering then throwing it up to avoid having to deal with it until later always seems like an easy solution. But when night comes and you take it out, be prepared for a tangled wet mess.

3. You always run out of conditioner before shampoo...

Not to mention how much money you spend on that crap to get a thorough wash!

4. Blow drying takes fricking forever...

There's really no winning when it comes to drying your hair. It takes forever to blowdry it and by the time you finish you feel like taking another shower cause you're all sweaty!

5. Your hair ain’t got time for no cute hair styles.

Cute Pinterest hair dos? Nope.

6. French braiding is a work out...

It's always better to have someone else french braid your hair because if you do it, halfway through your arms are sore! Then you have to debate whether or not to give up and give your arms a break.

7. Your hair is so heavy sometimes it gives you a headache.

When you finally get your ponytail in just the way you want it, you have to take it down cause its so damn heavy!

8. At any given moment, hair will fly into your mouth/face...

media.giphy.com

Windy days are one of your worst enemies, theres no taming it after a nice gust of wind.

9. If you want to go to a salon, you need to allow about four or more hours.

media.giphy.com

You've just got so much hair it'll take forever to style it! Even for a professional.

10. Brushing your hair is a nightmare...

So many knots... you just become immune to the yanking and pulling!

11. Humidity = bad hair day.

media.giphy.com

Humidity...another worst enemy it just makes your day so much worse.

12. Your hair eats bobby pins.

media.giphy.com

13. You shed more than a cat.

media.giphy.com

Running your fingers through your hair isn't usually the best thing to do in the first place, but when you do, don't be surprised when you find loads of loose hairs falling out.

14. There’s been many a broken hair brush in your life.

media.giphy.com

Trying to yank those knots out have cost you many a hair brush.

15. All the ads you get are probably for some sort of drain cleaner

media.giphy.com

Theres just so much hair!

16. Drying your hair naturally takes forever...

Brushing your hair an hour after your shower and it's still wet! Come on!

17. Cutting your hair short isn’t a good idea either.

google

It always ends up being shorter than planned, especially in the humidity!

18. You're constantly brushing!

media.giphy.com

In attempt to avoid knots, you've always got to brush...

19. Curling your hair takes up half your day.

google

By the time you finish, the side you curled first is already loose! Not to mention, you still miss a huge clump cause it was hidden by the curls!

20. You regularly break hair elastics.

media.giphy.com

Another thing to continously spend money on... those things just can't handle your hair!

21. Sometimes it feels like your hair is out to kill you!

Google

It's everywhere! And if it's long enough, you'll find it tangled around your throat in the morning if you don't put it up before bed.

22. So much sweat in the summer...

media.giphy.com

It's the worst when you wear it down and find it sticking to your arm pits and back...

23. Never ending knots!

media.giphy.com

No matter how much you seem to brush, theres always a hidden knot.

24. Low water pressure makes you want to cry...

media.giphy.com

It takes forever just to get your hair wet!

25. Travel shampoo is laughable — that will last you one wash...if that.

media.giphy.com

It's such a pain to have to bring your own shampoo and conditioner on vacation, but hotels just never provide enough for your lucious locks.