10 Women's Fashion Trends That Have Made A Comeback

It's not your mom's closet, it's the store.

472
Jenayross

Fashion is a never-ending cycle. Styles are thrown out, only to be brought back years later, that is with a twist. Fashion trends are rarely the same each time around the loop. The following is a list of 10 fashion trends that have made a comeback in 2017!

1. Chokers

As with all comeback fashion trends the jury's still out on of this trend actually should come back. Everyone remembers the elastic black bands that surrounded teen's necks in the 90s, and now we are seeing a resurgence of chokers in 2017. The twist this time is the variety of styles chokers come in. Now they have beads, sequins, or create a bow around the neck. To learn more about the history of chokers watch this YouTube video by Safiya Nygaard.

2. Over Accessorizing

Whether it be rings, necklaces, bracelets or all of the above, these pieces of jewelry have come back together. There are stacking rings to cover your fingers, chokers along with a plethora of different length necklaces to weigh down your neck, and the iconic Alex and Ani stacking charm bracelets for your wrists... or arms. With this trend, the more the merrier.

3. Cold shoulder

Cold shoulder, one shoulder, or sleeveless, these shirts or dresses have made a comeback. This style is all over the clothing racks, and it's hard to find clothing with regular shoulders.

4. Turtle Necks

Turtle necks are here again. Mostly sleeveless nowadays. Wait, weren't those neck coverings there to keep you warm...

4. Jean Jackets

This classic can be styled in numerous ways. It's versatility probably makes it such a favorite. It can be thrown over any outfit to give it a cool casual look.

5. Embroidery

Embroidery can be found on everything from t-shirts to jeans these days. Embroidery adds color and personality to a piece of clothing.

6. Rompers

Rompers have been on the comeback for the past couple of years, but they are in full force now. Rompers can be casual or dressed up for a special occasion. Either way they are a comfortable and fashionable option.

7. High Waists

High waistlines are a great way to extend your legs. You can find high waists in any type of bottom. The long look high waistlines give a person are a desirable look in this era.

8. Birkenstocks

You've seen them on feet everywhere. Now Birkenstocks are not only an orthopedic shoe, but a fashion statement as well. These shoes sometimes dubbed "Jesus sandals" have a variety of opinions that come along with the variety of styles.

9. Adidas Originals

This three-leafed logo has surged to fame again. The Superstar sneakers have become super popular again. That isn't the only original that has resurfaced. T-shirts, sweatshirts, sweat pant, pretty much anything with this logo sells off the rack

10. Chunky Heels

All different shoes have ditched the skinny stiletto heel for the retro looking chunky heel. Not only does this style provide a stylish look, but they are much more practical and easier to walk in.

What do you think about these fashion comebacks? Should they have come back at all? Do you like the different ways these styles came back in? Let me know! I have my own opinions on each of these trends, as you do too. What do you think will come back next?!