Remember, Your Parents Will Always Love You

Your parents just want to know that you're still alive

336

This one is for all of the parents of college students, remember that your parents love you. I can't count the amount of times that I have lashed out at my mom for "nagging" me whenever I was stressed. They love you, and they mean the best their questions about how dark it is, are you walking alone and whether or not you're eating are just because they want to make sure you're safe its not like they can cook you meals and ship them to you every day but with how cafeteria food is boy do I wish. What I wouldn't give for some of my mimi's broccoli casserole once a week or maybe just some baked beans. Parents have trouble letting go, especially when their child is going through the most stressful time of their life and they can't be there to "hold their hand" or make sure that they're physically ok and mentally stable. It's not that they want to know everything you do daily, but they do want to know that you're remembering to help yourself and not just hanging out with friends and neglecting any sense of responsibility or drive for your class work i.e. me freshman year.

I know guys, that sometimes you just don't want to hear another "are you ok?" or "what's for lunch today?" but also remember ignoring them won't make it any better if anything they only get upset and then you have to hear about that too. Remember to give them a hug when you can, and a call once a week doesn't kill anybody even I am guilty of this. We all just want to live life and sometimes we forget that our parents still need to know that we're alive for one and not just by our Facebook pictures. Being a student begins to become overwhelming and the people that support us have our back, so we have to remember to have theirs. Those three little words can change how a day goes, and parents have just as much stress attempting to fund our college as we do attempting to make it through.