What I've Learned From Being In A Greek Siblinghood

We're bonded forever.
168

As of the Fall Semester of 2017, I decided to apply and run for a Greek siblinghood at Rhode Island College. Theta Delta Sigma, a multi-cultural and gender inclusive organization that recently arrived at the college in the past year. Before I had applied, I was questioning why I did it at all. Everyone had told me the stereotypes and basically what there was to expect, however, I wanted to simply push it all aside and go through the experience with my own mind. And, well boy did I go through it and enjoy it. I have learned so much about this siblinghood and the journey has only just begun with it.

I have learned about creating strong bonds, advocating for diversity as well as re-teach myself how to multi-task and plan accordingly to certain schedules. With creating all of these bonds I have met some truly amazing people that I consider my siblings now. The original members are always there for us newbies when we need questions answered to just a simple venting session because learning the Greek Alphabet is a pain in our... well you know what. I guess that I would've met some of them in other classes but this just brought us closer and quicker than it probably would of in the first place.

Now, for those who do know me, I am decent at multi-tasking but I could still work on it. With being in this siblinghood I have been able to work on all my scheduling and tasks at hand in a timely matter for once. Just so that way I can properly time it all out, and make sure that it is all done to the best of my abilities.

I have also learned how to cherish every opportunity and event in my life. These things have come into our lives for some reason even though we are not always too sure of what they stand for. I have been able to take it all and use it towards my advantage to better my life and so have the others. As well, I have been able to learn as well, how much good there is in the world during these troubling times that the world has been experiencing as of lately.

Overall, I really would not trade them for anything in the world, we all get along and I know I can always go in times of need. And for now, I am enjoying our small little group, I can not wait to see what we can turn into as a siblinghood. And how much good we can do for this world out there.

Love to all my siblings!