TheSunVanished Twitter Account Is A Terrifying and Exciting Piece of Modern Storytelling

TheSunVanished Is Terrifying, Exciting, And Very Much Inspired By H. G. Wells

Twitter is the best modern story-telling medium.

150204
TheSunVanished

If the sun disappeared and monsters began to roam the pitch-black streets and Twitter was your only reliable way of contacting the outside world, what would you do? The Twitter account TheSunVanished tries to answer this question in one of the most creative pieces of multimedia fiction I've ever seen.

After hearing about the account, I finally delved into it a few days ago and it is a wild ride. From disturbing flashing lights caught on film to home intrusions and mistrust, this story has everything a good horror story needs. No one has a clear idea of what is going on, adding another layer of mystery.

To avoid speculation, we're going to try and dissect the story using just the facts, starting with the first tweet where we get any solid information, a video the owner of the account took of a news report.

The television has a caption that reads "RIOTS BREAK OUT AFTER SUN DISAPPEARS" and a reporter detailing what has happened. Then, a loud, low noise rumbles and the camera turns towards the darkness.

This is the first hint at the strange beings haunting this world. The second comes from when TheSunVanished ventured outside for the first time since the sky went black.

We hear a noise again but see nothing except a red, flashing light. Next, we get confirmation that the entire sky is dark, not just the sun. Next, we find out that the flashing lights chase people. From there, TheSunVanished hears something fly overhead and comes into contact with one of his friends.

Next, we get an image of a man standing outside completely still and a warning from TheSunVanshed's friend.

We find out that TheSunVanished's friend is currently stranded on the highway but is still alive. While TheSunVanished waits for him, (s)he notices a light downstairs and goes to check it out. Once it catches sight of TheSunVanished, it starts blinking red.

From there, TheSunVanished stays away from the downstairs and open windows as much as possible but the beings know that (s)he lives there now. The beings break-in.

TheSunVanished then sets up some basic alarms and notices his/her friends is acting funny. (S)He begins to question the friend to see if he can confirm his identity.

TheSunVanished is still going and still surviving. If you're interested in following this "War of the Worlds"-esque adventure, I'd recommend checking it out here!