There's Just Something About Growing Up In The Country

Big city people just won't understand.

17
Tysto.com

I haven't lived in the country all my life, but I will always consider the country the place where I grew up. It was an experience that I wouldn't trade for anything. Here's just a few that you'll probably recognize if you grew up in the country. And if you're a big city kid, there's a 99 percent you won't recognize any of these.

Shoes were never a thing in the summer.

You went everywhere barefoot.

The woods was definitely not a place to be scared. Instead they were a place to play and discover new things.

The closest public transportation was at least an hour away.

The closest anything was at least 30 minutes away.

Majority of summertime was spent on the back of a four-wheeler.

You or one of your "neighbors" had some sort of rope swing or tire swing.

Back roads were the only way you traveled to places. Everyone waves to everyone, whether you knew them or not.

The night sky was always filled with stars.

It was a daily thing to return home from a day of play covered in mud.

You helped outside, whether you are a boy or girl.

You all did the same work.

The freedom you had was the best feeling.

Nothing can compare to growing up country.