What Your Favorite Girl Scout Cookie Says About You

It's just the way the cookie crumbles.

175

One of the only redeeming qualities about this very dreary time of year is the reprieve that is Girl Scout cookies. Every year they return just as before, sometimes with a new addition, delicious and addicting. These little cookies pack a big punch and a high-calorie count, though that doesn’t stop us from devouring box after box. With this joyous and sometimes treacherous time of the year, I begin to ask myself, “Does my choice of cookie say something about who I am?” I believe that it does.

1. Thin Mints

The fan favorite. Thin mints are the Girl Scout Cookie of choice for the popular crowd. They’re thin, cool, and sweet much like their consumers. Thin mints were probably the star quarterback of Cookie High. Their brand of cool is the envy of all the other cookies. If your go-to is the thin mint you just maybe the coolest cat around. This does come however at the risk of being a bit pretentious. The thin mint knows it’s the popular cookie and so, too, might its eater.

2. Tagalongs

Tagalongs are the go-out-of-their-way-to-give-you-a-hug cookie. These peanut-butter chocolate hybrids give that warm satisfying taste that we all look forward to. If you are more of a Tagalong fan, you may be that selfless and warm, loving person that people just love to hug. I imagine that tagalongs have a big belly laugh just like those who enjoy them.

3. Samoas

Unique and quirky. The Samoa is the king of acquired tastes. Does everyone like Samoas? No. But the people who do, really love them. Samoa people can be edgy and quirky yet they are some of the best you can know. The ridges of coconut may not be appealing to some but beyond them lies the perfect flavoring of personality.

4. Trefoils

Trefoils are the definition of boring. Eating shortbread cookies is as enjoyable as dusting. If you enjoy Trefoils you are probably also into collecting stamps and watching C-span. Trefoil-ers are the kind of people that you try to forget just how bland they are.

5. Do-si-dos’

Do-si-dos are your stable cookie. Responsible is the word that resounds when you think of these peanut butter filled oatmeal cookies. Who do the other cookies call when they need a designated driver? The Do-si-do is the never-late-on-its-taxes cookie. If this little treat is your indulgence you may be the safe snacker, desiring something sweet but not so sweet. Do-si-do people are steady Eddy’s and they may not excite you but they may just bail you out of jail someday.

6. Savannah Smiles

Savanah Smiles are the cookie of choice by grandmothers everywhere. This powdered lemon cookie screams “I’m out of date! Help me!” People who like Savanah Smiles all died 30 years ago or, at least, their taste buds did. If you are eating Savannah Smiles, please seek help.