The Value Of Studying Abroad

The Value Of Studying Abroad

Your heart will be warm for four continuous months.

114

It has been a little over two months since I left the place that captivated my heart for so many months and I don't think I could say enough good things about studying abroad. While abroad you will try new foods, delve into new experiences, and make so many heartwarming and unforgettable memories. Here a few of the ~deeper~ reasons I LOVED studying abroad.

Confidence. I have never felt more confident or had more control over my life ever. There is something about being abroad in a new environment that made me feel in complete control even when I absolutely was not. I could prioritize growth over stress and schoolwork which was the first time in my entire life I have been able to do that. I learned so much about myself through the experiences traveling, trying new things, and meeting new people.

The people. Oh my goodness the people. Who knew strangers from colleges across the country could become my close friends in the blink of an eye. The relationships formed and strengthened abroad were SO strong. There were so many hours spent together traveling, cooking, exploring, and catching up that I think my heart was constantly full. I have made new lifelong friends in so many parts of the US and strengthened relationships with old friends and our reunions can't come soon enough.

The experiences. It sounds so cliche to say that abroad changed me, but it truly did. I will never ever be lucky enough to travel the world like that ever again. I was exposed to new cultures, traditions, food, and people every weekend and in my own backyard. Every day was a new adventure which made every day of being abroad incredibly valuable and treasured. Immersing yourself full heartedly in a new culture was the change I needed to grow and thrive.

So if you are even considering studying abroad (and have the ability to) please do. Each day will create new memories and the people you meet will make your heart so incredibly happy.