The True Value Of Gifts
Mental Health

The True Value of Gifts

In this giving season, I hope you will find it in your heart to give gifts that have true value in them.

131
The True Value of Gifts

As this Christmas season approaches, so many people often get caught up in gift giving and the momentary value gifts hold. Christmas is an exciting time to give and receive gifts, but instead of focusing on the monetary value of a gift, let's focus on the value of a gift.

One of my love languages is gift giving. I love to make people happy by giving them gifts, whether it is through a birthday gift, Christmas gift, or a small pick me up. When the Christmas season approaches it is so easy for me to get caught up in the money value of a gift, rather than the act of giving. Instead of focusing on getting someone an expensive nice gift, try to focus on the act of giving. I have often been told that it is the little things in life that mean the most, and I never quite realized what it meant until recently. I consider myself a very simple person, and lately, I have come to the realization of the things that are most important to me. I have realized that small gifts often mean the most to me. When people take time out of their day to do something and pick a gift our for me, my heart feels grateful. For me, I would rather receive a gift that someone has thought out and hand-picked, rather than the most expensive thing on the shelf.

This Christmas, I hope you will find yourself choosing gifts for people that have true value in them, rather than monetary value. Find gifts that people will cherish and be thankful for, even if it takes a little extra to find or make. In this busy season, I often find myself forgetting that Jesus was the most important gift and it literally cost us nothing to follow him. When Jesus was born, he did not ask for fame or fortune, rather he asked that his people be willing to serve and love him. He gave us the ultimate gift of his life, and no tangible gift on Earth will ever top that. Jesus was the gift that gave our life true meaning and value. I hope this Christmas and giving season, you will learn the importance of gifts holding true value in them.