'The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F**k' Is SO Powerful

Mark Manson gives the world a powerful read in his fairly new book

139
pexels.com

There are billions upon billions of self-help books out there. Books that tell you to look for positivity and tell you what to do in order to make the most out of your life. Sounds like some good reads, but there is another book out there on the New York Times Bestseller list that tells you one thing to do. One thing that will unlock the key to living the best rest of your life: Don't Try.

Mark Manson, a blogger with over two million followers, wrote a 210-page book that kind of goes against self-help books, "This book will not teach you how to gain or achieve, but rather how to lose and let go. It will teach you to take inventory of your life and scrub out all but the most important items. It will teach you to close your eyes and trust that you can fall backwards and still be okay. It will teach you to give fewer f***ks. It will teach you to not try," Manson writes.

The title of the book you ask? The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F***k. Charming. Definitely an attention grabber.

Initially one might think that, as the title says, to not give a f***k would mean being indifferent. And he clearly states at the beginning that being indifferent is far from the case. Not giving a f***k is truly a subtle art as readers will discover throughout the book.

Although I am only about halfway through, Manson definitely has a way with words. In that, he gives it to you straight, sometimes in a crude way, which makes it an entertaining and much necessary slap in the face. Don't believe me? Here are a few chapter titles:

You're Wrong About Everything (But So Am I)

You Are Not Special

And my favorite

Happiness Is A Problem

I am not going to give the contents of the book away because I think it is a necessary read for a lot of people. And for others, I think that it is an eye-opening experience. So basically I think the entirety of the world should read this book.

I warn you, if you are easily offended then this book will definitely do the trick. I have already been slapped in the face at least three times... metaphorically of course... and I'm not nearly finished. Need proof? I present the first excerpt that hits hard:

"Everything comes with an inherent sacrifice--whatever makes us feel good will also inevitably make us feel bad. What we gain is also what we lose. What creates our positive experiences will define our negative experiences.

This is a difficult pill to swallow. We like the idea that there's some form of ultimate happiness that can be attained. We like the idea that we can alleviate all of our suffering permanently. We like the idea that we can feel fulfilled and satisfied with our lives forever. But we cannot."

Told you Manson gives it to his readers straight.

If you're looking for a quick eye-opening read then I highly suggest this book. Manson is a terrific writer and does well with hitting his readers with facts while also keeping us entertained.

Happy reading... and possible self-discovery!

The genius behind the art... my new favorite guy.