The Struggles Of Going Back To Work In The Summer

Work hard, play hard.

49
jarrydboyd

As summer approaches, only one thing is on my mind. How the heck am I going to make up for all the money I've blown this semester? That is a serious question that I know a lot of people my age have to answer. In college, you spend money like you're Bill Gates when in reality you can barely afford a cheesy gordita crunch from Taco Bell.

Some summers, I've worked two jobs just to keep up with my spending habits. I usually have a consistent job from back home that I can go back to and try to rack up some hours. I usually live at my workplace all summer and sometimes I feel like I'm there more than I am at home. Here are the struggles of working in the summer.

1. You email your boss a couple of weeks before school ends and she offers you a lot of hours.

"I want to work a lot this summer."

2. But then your excitement drops because you will be working almost full time every week.

I don't get to sit around and eat doritos all summer?!

3. Your first day back, your patience is immediately tested.

Yeah, I'm ready to go back to school now.

4. Your coworkers ask you a million questions about how school was.

Seriously, it's college, not Disney World.

5. You get bored pretty fast and pretend to do something so your boss doesn't get mad.

Find something to do before your boss finds you something worse to do.

6. When your coworker offers to help you when you're busy.

You literally are my Earth, Sun, and Moon.

7. When you finally get home from a seven-hour shift.

*Pops Champagne

8. Sometimes you've got to come into work hungover after a thirsty Thursday.

Don't mind me, I'll just be chilling over here by this plant trying not to puke.

9. When you have to work overtime.

It hurts my soul TBH.

10. Walking out of work on a Friday.

Is there a greater feeling? LET ME KNOW?

11. When it's finally time to go on break.

Yay! Time to eat my shitty PB&J sandwich.

12. Getting that first paycheck and blowing it on food and going out.

Keep convincing yourself that you deserve it when you don't.

13. When your boss asks you to work an extra shift.

That's a hard pass. Thanks.

14. Coming back from never working at school to working all the time at home.

It sucks but you should be thankful you have a job. How else will you be able to pay for Happy Hour every Friday and going on 800 dollar spring break trips?!