The Story of Snuka (of the last Week and a Half)

Superflys been in the news recently.

14
http://www.allwrestlingsuperstars.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Jimmy-Superfly-Snuka.jpg

I wanted to wait until the most recent episode of Monday Night Raw before I wrote this article.

About a week ago, professional wrestler Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka passed away. Snuka was one of the biggest stars in the earliest days of Professional wrestling and his impact could be found in many wrestlers, most notably Mick Foley. However controversy surrounded the mans death in the form of a question: Will WWE acknowledge his death?

The reason why that was up for debate was because similar to how Hulk Hogan was [redacted], Snuka was also [redacted]. The reason being because he was just arrested for the second time pertaining to the death of his ex-girlfriend Nancy Argentino. Back in the 80's Argentino died from wounds evident of domestic abuse. The evidence wasn't clear and Snuka didn't face any jail time despite being the main suspect. In 2015, Snuka was arrested again when new evidence came to light that might have led to his conviction.

Despite this, Snuka's charges were dismissed yet again when it was found he was mentally unfit to stand trial and was dying of an as of yet undisclosed terminal illness. A couple days after his death, WWE aired a tribute video package to him on the January 16th Edition of Monday Night Raw. This shocked people since WWE didn't even acknowledge Snuka's presence after his arrest.

Personally I am of the opinion that it is a good thing because of two reasons. First, Snuka was never found guilty. Only Snuka, Argentino and God know if Snuka did it. Second people fail to realize that the wrestler and the person and two different people. Snuka did amazing things in the ring and this is separate from his personal life. I can acknowledge someones positive legacy while also acknowledge that there might be something nefarious as a part of their life, much like Hogan and Chris Benoit, the king of being [redacted]. The reason I say might have something nefarious is because again, Snuka was not found guilty.