The Stages of Failing a Final Exam

The Stages of Failing a Final Exam

R.I.P. My GPA

As the Fall semester of 2017 comes to a close, final exams are upon us. This means all-nighters filled with lots of studying and maybe a few tears shed. As people are finishing up their final exams, they are getting their exam scores back and there is definitely a mix of reactions among students. These are the reactions of the students that did not do as well as they hoped...

1. Confusion

The thought pops into your head:

WHATTTTTTT? Did I really just fail that?!?

2. Denial

There is no way I just failed that exam, that did not just happen....

3. Anger

How did you let this happen!!! Are you kidding me, WTF!!!

4. Sadness

You think back to the hours upon hours of studying and the all-nighters pulled to try to pull at least a C out. All of the work you put into one exam, and you feel you have amounted to absolutely nothing. #RIPMYGPA

5. False Hope

Maybe everyone in the course did just as bad and the professor will have to curve it.

6. Acceptance

This is when the "Fuck It" mentality kicks in. You really can't do anything about it at this point... unless a genius engineering student creates a time machine allowing you to go back and retake the exam.

7. Optimism

We will get em' next semester.